Need help understanding the One Control Gecko

tronus

Hey all,

I have been controlling my effects switcher using an Axess MFC5.

The Axess has two bank switches and 3 preset switches. Each bank has a universal preset that is in effect when you switch off any of the 3 preset switches per bank.

I have the universal set to toggle my clean sound. Lead sound is achieved by pressing one of the switches.

I want to downsize my midi controller to something small that can run for a while on a battery. The One Control Gecko meets these specs. However, does it only have one preset per bank? Can i toggle this preset on and off using the same switch or do I have to change banks every time I want a different sound? I can't understand this manually very well but am studying it more in the meantime.

http://www.one-control.com/uploads/1/2/7/7/12776441/gecko-mk2_manual_v2.pdf

ironman28

How many presets do you need?
The Gecko does not have a global preset like the axess. The best you can do with the Gecko is to use the flash mode for 3 instant access presets, otherwise you have to use the up/down buttons to scroll between presets in each lane. This gives you 10 presets to scroll through. Using the instant PC mode changes the preset each time you scroll up or down.

tronus

Ok great, thanks so much for the response!

I don't need many presets. I could get by with three for sure. Especially if I could use that flash mode in different groupings... like having multiple banks of 3 instant presets.

I basically just need one to toggle my lead patch... one to toggle my clean patch... and one to tune/mute. Anything else could be hidden away in other banks for when I need it.

How many presets do you need?
The Gecko does not have a global preset like the axess. The best you can do with the Gecko is to use the flash mode for 3 instant access presets, otherwise you have to use the up/down buttons to scroll between presets in each lane. This gives you 10 presets to scroll through. Using the instant PC mode changes the preset each time you scroll up or down.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom