1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

Need help - virtual song writing and production

Discussion in 'Recording/Live Sound' started by Lightningrt, May 20, 2011.

1. Lightningrt

Lightningrt Member

Hi, my first time on this part of the forum - usually Sound Hound and Effects[!].

Me and my buddy are trying to record some songs together virtually. By "virtually" I mean we live too far apart to get together so I am assumimg that we can post files on-line then download and work on them and then upload them back on for the other to add to.

My buddy is leading this piece of work, but is IT illiterate. I'm happy to help and contribute but I haven't done anything like this before. I suggested Soundclick because I know a lot of folk here use it, but he said he tried and didn't get anywhere with it.

Can anyone point me in the right direction, or should we persevere with Soundclick and me try[!] to take the lead?

Any advice appreciated.

Rob

2. 21stcenturykid

21stcenturykid Member

Dropbox! If one of you signs up then invites the other you'll get 500MB of space to upload to and and then every other person you invite an signs up will get you another 250mb each time.

Syncing direct to your computer or phone with the drop box app.

3. chrisgraff

chrisgraff Member

Try indabamusic.com's Mantis DAW

Cloud based DAW

4. Lightningrt

Lightningrt Member

Thanks folks, looking into it now.