Need help with cakewalk pro 9!!

Discussion in 'Recording/Live Sound' started by 69strat, Mar 1, 2006.

1. 69strat

69strat Member

I have cakewalk pro audio 9 and I am trying to use it for the first time. I am recording some songs using the midi drummer in the program. Whenever I try to save or export, I loose the drums. I have tried everything to get it to work and failed. I would think that you cant do it if it where not for the fact that a friend did it once and cant remember how to do it again, Man I,m stoked!!!! Help!!!!

2. UnderTheGroove

UnderTheGroove Supporting Member

I'm not sure I understand the question, but this may help: You need to convert the MIDI drums to audio before exporting the audio. I can't remember how that is done in Pro Audio 9, but it should be in the help file.

3. Dickie Fredericks

Dickie Fredericks Member

Yup, ya gotta reneder the midi as wav files. Rerecord them as wavs. All done... Are you using an internal instrument or are you using an external synth or something for your sounds? Next question :)

4. 69strat

69strat Member

Well, I,m kinda a laim ass when it comes to computers and such, but, I will try to convert the midi drums as you said. All I want to do is use the midi drums in the program. Every thing else I can record with my equip.( guitar, bass ,keyboard). :jo

5. GuitslingerTim

GuitslingerTim Member

I have PA9, it came with my Q10, but I've never used it having upgraded to Sonar. In Sonar, to convert midi to audio the Edit/Bounce To Tracks function is used.