Need help with distortion

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by boon, May 13, 2006.

1. boon

boon Member

I've got a BBD and a silver ltd. A Tim pedal coming in a few months hopefully too! All these 3 pedals are awesome but are more mild/med ods. I had a jekyll & hyde before and I loved the hyde part of it as i could get anything from bluesy od to metal distortion. Is there a pedal out there that could do the hyde thing? I sold the j&h becoz it was too big in size and i didn't like the jekyll side of it. When the tim comes, might offload the bbd of the ltd but I'm still looking for that heavier distortion pedal to do that planetshakers thing.

2. mavrick10_2000

mavrick10_2000 Member

MI Audio Crunch Box. They're made in OZ as well. Around $100 IIRC. For real heavy stuff(Chuga - NU Metal) DNA GainFXXKer II

3. boon

boon Member

I've tried the crunch box....Too middy....Like the mids scooped a little. Anybody tried the bbe crusher?

4. scottywompas

scottywompas Member

boss metal zone...........chugga chugga....less than a C note too.

My .02:JAM

5. lcjc800

lcjc800 Member

Check out the baber small fry, $20,000 booteek setting awesome

6. boon

boon Member

Was wanting a small fry before but can it do the mid scoops as well? If it does then I gotta get one as i love all things barber! haha

7. entraind

entraind Member

Small fry will do the scooped thing. If you want more high gain, try the DNA Gainfxxer....

8. Moe45673

Moe45673 Member

In the cheaper end of things, check out the severely underrated Marshall Jackhammer. Can do everything you ask of, and is a much better pedal than the MT-2.

You may also want to check out both the tonebone Classic and Hot British, though they are pretty big footprints.

9. boon

boon Member

I actually love the marshall pedals! great construction, sort of true bypass and great tone. Loved the ed-1 compressor. Haven't treid the jackhammer but will do so sometime this week and I've got a feeling, it might be winner there! HAha