Need help with looper pedal or ipod hookup?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by herecomestreble17, May 6, 2015.

1. herecomestreble17

herecomestreble17 Member

Hi, I am very new to gear so I hope you can help me. I would like to reference the intro to Metallica's Fade to Black for this question. I need an intro (clean channel) to be played through my amp and then for me to play a lead over it through distortion channel using the same amp. I bought the Ditto looper pedal and I played the clean intro, then switched my amp over to distortion to play the lead and it also distorted the clean looped track, which is not what I need. I was wondering if there was a pedal that just plays the looped track, or a sample AS IS even if you switch to a different channel. or another easy way I thought of is to just hook up my ipod, hit play, and then do the harmony over it but I dont know the correct pedal or gear to make this happen. would the ipod track also be distorted if I played the song through my ipod on the distorted channel? Thanks for the help!

PS please keep this as affordable as possible thanks!

2. Sparkfriction

Sparkfriction Member

Does your amp has an fx loop? Pack the Ditto into the loop. So its behind the preamp which makes the distortion. It will stay clean and sound trough the Poweramp. Same for delays reverb etc. Everything you want to have behind your distortion should go into the fx loop. :)