NEED HELP WITH PEDAL CHAIN/EFFECTS LOOP

Kaihoro

I would like to know if I should use my effects loop at all or just run my pedals on a board. This is my gear setup now,
Mayors guitar -> shure wireless(pedal version)-> mission volume expression -> boss compressor-> dead horse overdrive->mxr 10band eq->boss noise suppressor->tc flashback->strymon bigsky->boss loop station->mesaboogie triple rect->orange 2x12
That being said, I wanted to know if I should use any of these pedals in my effects loop instead of on my pedalboard and why. Please help thanks!

Blix

Wannabe Shredder
Silver Supporting Member
I would have put at least the Flashback and Big Sky in the loop for sure. Using them in front the the recto gain channels does not work out very well if you want to do high gain.

kjt1776

definitely recommend the delay in the effects loop, research what is happening when you do this and you will find it has its benefits.

Kaihoro

Ok cool. Do you guys do this? Isn't it annoying having two extra cables to run from your board to the back of your amp? Or is it worth it tone wise? Also I used the effects loop once before and it totally hanged the volume of the channels for instance when I would switch to clean the volume would be so much different than the dirty channel. Is that common?

Trending Topics