Need help with Pedal Power 2+

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by barrym, Feb 22, 2012.

1. barrym

barrym Member

I'm wondering if the pp2+ will power up my Prescription Electonics Vibe unit.
    The pedal needs 12 AC volts, it seems ok but I've asked PE and they said it will destroy the pedal because the power supply delivers DC power only.:huh
    Any help?

2. mike@nortoncable.com

mike@nortoncable.com Member

3. CaptainAwesome

CaptainAwesome Supporting Member

As PE stated, you need a PSU that offers AC...I think you could use the PP2+ to power it if you use the courtesy outlet with the PE supplied power cord/PSU.

4. barrym

barrym Member

Thanks for the help.
    I think I got it wrong because on the PP2+ manual it says:

9/12V (x4) – Standard 9V and 12V Boss ACA
    With each one of these four outputs delivering 100mA, you can easily power any 9V battery-operated pedals. Boss pedals that specify the PSA adapter operate at 9V like most other pedals. Boss pedals that require the ACA adapter operate at 12V which can be selected via switches underneath the Pedal Power 2 Plus. Any one of these outputs can be individually selected to run at 9V or 12V.

5. chervokas

chervokas Member

ACA is Boss' old power supply standard, which they abandoned in the 1990s in favor of the common PSA power supply. It's not AC (= alternating current) power, it's unregulated 12V DC (= direct current) that is stepped down to 9V DC inside those old pedals. See more here: http://stinkfoot.se/archives/726