Need high lumen flashlight recommendation.

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Raygun Gothic, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Woodenfish

Woodenfish Member

I really like my Nebo Slyde King LED aluminum flashlight. 500 Lumens, variable beam spot to flood with variable light intensity. 500 lumen COB LED work light variable light intensity, 40 lumen COB Red light of variable intensity plus hazard flash, magnetic base and equipped with a standard Micro USB port for charging it’s included battery. Micro USB cord included that connects to standard any standard USB port for easy charging. Price around $40. I bought mine at a local Ace Hardware and used a coupon for $5 off $35> purchase. Also available on Amazon. Have owned mine for several years. Generally use for nighttime outdoor runs to be warned of coyotes and flying bats, working on my car, in crawl space or attic searches and during power outages. Nebo is a mid value brand with many high function options and designs at a reasonable quality level while still having an affordable price.

2. Rick Lee

Rick Lee Member

Invest in good batteries. Don't cheap out on them. If you get a light that takes the 3v lithium batteries, buy Surefire or Rayovac batteries, and buy them in bulk. They have a long shelf life. Don't get those generic blue ones on eBay. They don't last at all.

HeyMrTeleMan likes this.
  3. GuiltySpark

GuiltySpark Member

Currently, we have two we rely on. One was a house branded light from Sams (that I've never seen in store or online since), which was 1000 lumen, USB rechargeable, and is going on 2 years strong now. It was around $30-35, so I went back to buy more, and found none. It is not focus-able, and a bit wider than I like, but makes a very good general use light.

My last purchase was from OLight, a Warrior X. 2000 lumen, very tight focus and a hella long throw at 560 meters. It is also rechargeable, and has a cool magnet attach cord. It also kicks down to 800 lumen via a high temp sensor, because it runs freakishly hot at 2000. But I really like it, as it will light from one end of the farm to the other when looking for livestock at night. I caught it during one of their 40% off flash sales. My next buy will be their Seeker 2 Pro, at a crazy 3200 lumen.

I've had 3 Nebos, and 2 of them crapped within a year. I was bummed because like you say, great features for the price. One was a Slyde Torch, and the other a RC 320 Magdock. I LOVE the RC 320, but the switch no longer works. Similar, the Torch sometimes works and sometimes just goes out (like a short in the switch). Unfortunately, on a farm... when I need a light I need a 100% dependable one.

I decided to spend a bit more from here on out.

4. JDJ

JDJ Member

5. firebird1999us

firebird1999us Member

Lysdexia:dunno

6. Uncle Vinnie

Uncle Vinnie Member

Surefire 3PX.

Low intensity (15 lumens)/High intensity (1000 lumens)

7. BuddyGuit

BuddyGuit Silver Supporting Member

I’ll add another. Peakplusinc.com My wife got me a peakplus. I just got my 91 yr old mom one. She lives in Sun City. Her property is against the river bed. She has a chihuahua and has coyotes around. I think it was $18 on Amazon.

8. music321

music321 Member

cutaway likes this.