• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Need insight on Kustom

Spastik

So I am a bass nOoB and need some advice. I am lookin to spend about 500-800 on a rig, be it combo or amp/cab and am open to used. In my searching craigslist and the great satan that is musiciansfriend/GC I found the Kustom Groove 310c. Not many people know much about it other than for a list of $1,400 and sellin for $500 with 1250 watts, there is nothin else in the class.

My question is should I go for it or keep scouring craigslist for a deal on something "better" brand name wise. Thanks guys!

Spastik

Nope, I havent' found a place local that has it but my roomate has (he's on the road and is a much better bass player than I am) and he is gonna do a sound test with it. I was more wondering about the quality of the combo and whether or not its as good a deal as it seems.

Bryan316

I greatly recommend doing some online research, and locating the stores nearest you that have it in stock. Also, that have PLENTY of brands to try out.

This Saturday, make plans for a road trip to do serious amp test-driving. It is foolish to blindly buy an amp without even slightly hearing it, let alone not playing it yourself.

Also, said store might be worth the road trip if they happen to have good used gear that you might like better.

Plan ahead, and INVEST your money, not SPEND it. You'll then get a rig that you won't be sick of in 3 months.

Spastik

I normally only have thursdays off and all the local shops that have Kustom are out of the particular cab as its been discontinued. I'm lucky in that my roomate is an insanely good bassist and even moreso rediculous guitarist and thankfully we have the exact same taste on absolutely everything... except Jell-O (I can't eat jiggly things) and french fries (I stopped eatin em 12 years ago). If he says it sounds good I'll go for it unless there is some negative feedback as far as reliability or something of that nature.

The issue is just availability of the rig for me... but even if I did go play it I would be askin you guys the same thing I am now, is there something I should be worried about with Kustom?