Need Live Back Up Rig. Advice?

Inthemix3

Looking to get a back up rig put together.
Currently use an Axe Fx 2 and run a powered RCF monitor on stage and go direct to FOH.

Would like something I could run direct to FOH, still have basic effects and solid tone.

I've seen the Tech 21 Fly Rig.

Wondering if anyone has used the Koch Pedaltone II or their new Superlead or 63 OD pedals? These look very cool with a ton of signal routing options.
http://www.koch-amps.com/pedal-preamps.html

Also looking at the T-Rex Soul Mate. Seems like it might work well too.

Ultimately I would like basic EFX, a great clean/dirty tone and speaker simulation so I could run direct to FOH. An additional output to run to my powered stage monitor would be great too.

Anybody have experience with the above, or have a solid back up rig working and could share some advice?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone

For your purpose, I'd keep a close eye at news from the amp show this weekend where Atomic Amps are demoing their Amplifire.
That will give you an indication of the quality of tone (amps and effects) and perhaps a timeframe for when they start shipping the Amplifire.

Thinline_slim

You could always pick up a used Vox Tonelab setup pretty cheap and they sound pretty good. I know I could gig one with decent results if I needed to.

ES330

WHOA !!! You want a back up to a direct rig...

I bring a Sansamp Blonde as a backup for my amp, but haven't needed it.
If I was starting over, the Fly Rig looks a good place to start.

RCM78

A POD HD500 would be a perfect backup to the Axe Fx. You should be able to mimic all of your patches and switch out the rig very quickly...

Inthemix3

WHOA !!! You want a back up to a direct rig...

I bring a Sansamp Blonde as a backup for my amp, but haven't needed it.
If I was starting over, the Fly Rig looks a good place to start.

Lol, anything can fail. I've had amps go down at a show, Axe could fail too. Just covering my a**.
Thanks for all the suggestions, appreciate it!

Sent from my iPhone