Need new circuit board for Marshall 4210

Etienne

Hi,

I need a new circuit board for my 1982 Marshall 4210. The current one is so messed up it must be completely redone.

Would be great if I could get it loaded with the parts. An empty circuit board is fine, I will keep the working components and replace the damaged ones.

Thanks,

Etienne.

drewl

I had a 4210, a 2210 and have worked on many of those amps, maybe you might be able to find a beat one that has a decent board in it, but it sounds like a long shot.
How bad is the board?
I've repaired some pretty badly damaged pc boards in my days, not just amps but mostly electronic stuff for work.

As a last resort you could get a pre-assembled board from an amp/kit maker and have a good tech wire it up so you can switch channels and add the reverb.

Good luck.

Etienne

I had a 4210, a 2210 and have worked on many of those amps, maybe you might be able to find a beat one that has a decent board in it, but it sounds like a long shot.
How bad is the board?
I've repaired some pretty badly damaged pc boards in my days, not just amps but mostly electronic stuff for work.

As a last resort you could get a pre-assembled board from an amp/kit maker and have a good tech wire it up so you can switch channels and add the reverb.

Good luck.
I don't do electronics, so I could not tell you exactly what is wrong with it. But the opinion from a local tech here, and an amp maker (Islandamps) was that the soldering job is so bad that it must be completely redone.

The amp is plagued with intermittent problems, and trying to fix them is too difficult. It would take as much time to troubleshoot as too re-building the circuit board.

The other components of the amps are working properly.

I'd like to get a pre-assembled kit for a 4210, but I'm not sure where to ask ? I have asked Watts Tube Audio and they do not make one. I have just sent an email to ceriatone. We'll see what happens !

Etienne.

Trending Topics