Need new pickups for my Godin Session...Stock pickups are terrible

grunge782

Love the hell out of my Godin in terms of how it feels and resonates. Looks great too.

All that said, it really needs some new pickups, the stock ones are just plain crap. I like a nice, chimey/glassy vibe for the neck pickup when playing clean, middle should mix well with the neck. Then I'm looking for something with some good bottom end for the humbucker in the bridge that also splits well for bridge tones (if my SH-11 (custom custom) doesn't fit that bill).

Thanks guys.

doc

Silver Supporting Member
I always find replacements for HSS are hard - most of my favorite Strat singles are a set. Depends on the style you play. Based on what you've said so far, you might like a Fender Fat 50s neck and mid with either a Tone Zone (lots of bottom, sounds great for heavy overdrive, meh for clean, splits well) or Duncan '59 (nice clean with good bottom).

Tone_Terrific

Silver Supporting Member
I always find replacements for HSS are hard - most of my favorite Strat singles are a set. Depends on the style you play. Based on what you've said so far, you might like a Fender Fat 50s neck and mid with either a Tone Zone (lots of bottom, sounds great for heavy overdrive, meh for clean, splits well) or Duncan '59 (nice clean with good bottom).
TZ description is right on although I like the... X2N better. Great bite in the upper mids, splits very well, lots of output (good/bad) usable clean.

doc

Silver Supporting Member
OP - could you tell us what style you play, and what you don't like about the stock pickups?

Trending Topics