Need new power source

buzzp

What options (aside from Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2+) are good ones AND under $200? I'll probably buy used, so under $150 is even better.

Looks like the CIOK one or whatever is pretty popular around here.

Clark GriswoId

Looks Great. Little Full, Lotta Sap.
Silver Supporting Member
One Spot CS7, basically a Voodoo PP2+ for less $$$ and includes the mounting brackets.

only downside compared to the pp2+ is lack of high MA ports and the courtesy outlet, I believe.

buzzp

One Spot CS7, basically a Voodoo PP2+ for less $$$ and includes the mounting brackets.

only downside compared to the pp2+ is lack of high MA ports and the courtesy outlet, I believe.
Sorry, whats a "high MA port"? Here's what I'm going to power

Polytune
Moog MF-Drive
Moog MF-delay
Zvex Woolly Mammoth
some Catalinbread delay
maybe a small stone

Would the onespot be an issue or would that provide the same stable power that the pedalpower provides? I had a PP2+ and had no issues with it, just sold the pedaltrain board a while back.

Clark GriswoId

Looks Great. Little Full, Lotta Sap.
Silver Supporting Member
Digital pedals tend to take higher MA to operate.

For example - the Boss DD500 takes 9v-200ma, while the Ibanez TS9 takes 9V-7.5MA.

Its important to know what MA draw an individual pedal has as you could under power it easily.

I am Mistaken- the Cs7 only lacks the courtesy outlet and (1) 9v output:

PP2+
(4) 9v 100ma
(2) 9v 250ma
(2) 9v 100ma w/ sag

CS7
(1) 18v 100ma - dedicated
(4) 9/12v 200ma
(2) 9v 500ma

buzzp

It's probably between the Cioks and the OneSpot... just gotta see if both accommodate my needs or not.

buzzp

Resurrecting this thread a bit, does the onespot fit underneath a Pedaltrain Mini or Nano?

buzzp

No. I believe some cioks models do, and IIRC the small red t-Rex power supply night with a small mod to the board
I don't think the mini or nano will end up working for me anyway. I might need a flatter board with 2 levels and room for an expression pedal.

Trending Topics