• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Need Pedalboard Help!

TheRawg

I am a total noob when it comes to pedals. I have had some laying around for a long time, and recently acquired some new ones for a new project I'm working on. My current set up is:

Mooer Shimverb Pro - 9V DC
Electro Harmonix Hum Debugger - 7.5 AC 400
TC Electronic Nova Reverb - 12V DC 300mA
Line 6 DL4 - 9V AC 1200mA minimum

I am adding a 2nd delay pedal at some point as well. I am struggling to figure out how to power everything since all the voltages are different etc..

I was looking at some inexpensive power supply's but I don't know if they will do the trick..with what I have, is a surge protector my only option??

Help!

jnepo1

Gold Supporting Member
The DL4 can actually be powered via 9VDC and requires 180mA. As for the Hum Debugger, you will have to use the wall wary supplied with the unit.

TheoDog

Silver Supporting Member
The Nova, I believe, will also function properly at 9volts.
What a is the rationale for needing a 2nd delay?

TheRawg

The Nova, I believe, will also function properly at 9volts.
What a is the rationale for needing a 2nd delay?
We are doing some really spacey/ambient type stuff with swells etc etc. my reverbs are set different to create that huge effect, and someone is giving me a 2nd delay..can't hurt right? Haha!

TheRawg

I am working with not a lot of money trying to get everything set up. I found a cheaper power supply that will power 9v, 1 12v, and 1 18v if needed. The 12v says that it is 100mA. My nova reverb says 12v 300mA...most power supply units I have looked at with 12v options are also 100mA.

What would happen if I ran the nova through that?

TheRawg

Also, my Shimverb pedal which is 9v says it has a draw of around 280mA, and most power supply units I have looked at list the 9v as only having 100mA which is 95% of pedals out there.

Will having less mA hurt the pedals? I can't really afford to drop the cash on a voodoo labs power supply, but have been looking at a joyo JP-02 on Amazon, as well as a caline model that are inexpensive but have good reviews..

jnepo1

Gold Supporting Member
I am working with not a lot of money trying to get everything set up. I found a cheaper power supply that will power 9v, 1 12v, and 1 18v if needed. The 12v says that it is 100mA. My nova reverb says 12v 300mA...most power supply units I have looked at with 12v options are also 100mA.

What would happen if I ran the nova through that?
The Nova requires about 225mA. At 100mA, it will not function.

jnepo1

Gold Supporting Member
Your budget is not fitting for your power needs. My out cannot sacrifice your power requirements or the end results will be disaointing. I would suggest in the time being to just go with the supplied wall warts at this point in time since it seems your budget is your priority.

Based on your assumption of your search for power supplies, you need to look at other units. There are many power supplies that have high mA taps for 9V effects: Voodoo Lab, Cioks, T-Rex, Decibel, etc...

TheRawg

Your budget is not fitting for your power needs. My out cannot sacrifice your power requirements or the end results will be disaointing. I would suggest in the time being to just go with the supplied wall warts at this point in time since it seems your budget is your priority.

Based on your assumption of your search for power supplies, you need to look at other units. There are many power supplies that have high mA taps for 9V effects: Voodoo Lab, Cioks, T-Rex, Decibel, etc...
Thanks again for your reply. I looked at the voodoo labs power pedal digital, and that seems like it might fit my needs pretty well. And it's not too bad price wise. If you are familiar with it, would you concur, based on the pedals I mentioned?

Also, I saw some things online called a 1-spot and some similar products..are they reliable, safe, or would they even work with the pedals mentioned?

Thanks again for all your help.

bobbyatomic

Artec make some pretty cheap (relatively) power supply's, I've had one for a few years without any problems, seems to be built like a tank.

Has no problem powering TC 12v pedals.

jnepo1

Gold Supporting Member
Thanks again for your reply. I looked at the voodoo labs power pedal digital, and that seems like it might fit my needs pretty well. And it's not too bad price wise. If you are familiar with it, would you concur, based on the pedals I mentioned?

Also, I saw some things online called a 1-spot and some similar products..are they reliable, safe, or would they even work with the pedals mentioned?

Thanks again for all your help.
Honestly, the 1Spot is similar to the wall warts supplied with your effects. The transformer is located at the plug to the wall. They are non isolated power supplies and with your digital pedals, they may cause more noise than anything since you would daisy chain your effects. The Voodoo Lab Digital would be fitting of course sans the powering of the Hum Debugger.

If your budget concerns are a deciding factor, there is also the Cioks Adam which could power your effects sans the Hum Debugger. That is around $109.

TheRawg

Honestly, the 1Spot is similar to the wall warts supplied with your effects. The transformer is located at the plug to the wall. They are non isolated power supplies and with your digital pedals, they may cause more noise than anything since you would daisy chain your effects. The Voodoo Lab Digital would be fitting of course sans the powering of the Hum Debugger.

If your budget concerns are a deciding factor, there is also the Cioks Adam which could power your effects sans the Hum Debugger. That is around $109.
Ok awesome. Thanks again for all your help.

Trending Topics