1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

Need pickup suggestions for my next tele mod - standard bridge/P90 Neck...

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by mojazzmo, May 22, 2011.

1. mojazzmo

mojazzmo Member

Hey All,
    I've heard a lot of good things about the new Squire Classic Vibe teles lately. I almost pulled the trigger on the first one I played. They now have the butterscotch blonde - maple neck out and I think I need one. I'm going to pimp it out a bit with new pots and some new pickups. I want to try a P90 in the neck and a standard tele bridge pickup. I have heard some clips of Kirk Fletcher's Suhr guitar with this combo and it sounds great. I've never owned any P90's before so I don't know how to match them up to a bridge pickup. I want the fat neck p/up tone, real snap and pop of both p/ups on and a still a twangy bridge with some grit. I think I'd like to try the Fralin noiseless but which wind and what to pair it with. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

2. this1smyne

this1smyne Member

3. jnepo1

jnepo1 Silver Supporting Member

Check out Klein Tele pickups. He has a P90 pup for the Tele w/ a 6.4k output. Match the P90 pup w/ the Klein Esquire bridge pickup w/ a 7.6k output or the Fat Man w/ a 10k output.

As much as I love the combination I mentioned above, another god combination is the P90 Tele pickup in the neck position and the '52 Tele bridge pickup. This combination can really give you a big tonal range, Gilmour to Mayer can be had w/ this combo.

Excellent, made-to-order pickups.

Last edited: May 23, 2011