need recommendations for a guitar stand

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by GibsonMarshallguy41, May 15, 2015.

1. GibsonMarshallguy41

GibsonMarshallguy41 Member

what would be the best compact, fold-up guitar stand for Gibson SG's? I got one on Amazon a few months ago, and it seems like there's too much room for the body of the guitar, so it sits back too far on the stand. I want something that will grip the body snugly, and prop it straight upright... any suggestions?

2. teleman1

teleman1 Supporting Member

3. IR79

IR79 Member

I would see if Hercules make something that works for you, I have been through a few of their range and all have been great, well built hard to knock over and safe for nitro finishes. Most fold up pretty well as well. Not the cheapest thpugh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. stratman79

stratman79 Member

5. GibsonMarshallguy41

GibsonMarshallguy41 Member

thanks a lot, guys. I will check these out.

6. DewieCox

DewieCox Supporting Member

Hercules aren't safe for some nitro finishes. When I was looking for my stand I came across several instances of finish marring with them.

I dig my Quiklok 5 guitar stand and it holds guitars firmly. I'd check if they have a single guitar stand.

Best bet with any stand is grab a couple spare polish cloths and lay them on the contact points.

7. Stratobuc

Stratobuc Member

Whatever you do, stay away from Hercules. My experience: out of five I bought, three are broken. The "company" does not stand behind their products, will not replace or sell you parts to fix. Most highly recommend anything else but a hercules.