Need Recommendations on a Teese wah

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by jaymeister, Dec 30, 2005.

1. jaymeister

jaymeister Supporting Member

Hey,

I'm interested in a Teese RMC2 or Picture Wah. I play both a G&L Legacy special with rails pickups and a PRS CU24. My style is mainly blues and funk based (both clean and dirty), plus a bit of fusiony stuff too. I like to play the occasional high gain wah based stuff too. I guess what I am saying is I have a broad range of styles that I can get into.

Since I can't try these units out before buying, anyone have any recommendations? Will the less tweakable picture wah do it for me, or should I be looking for the flexibility of the RMC2. Will the RMC2 get me the picture wah settings if I go that route?

Thanks

2. gitpicker

gitpicker Silver Supporting Member

I had the same questions before I bought my picture wah. Here was my reasoning:

> I previously had a Fulltone Clyde Deluxe, but never took it off the "Jimi" setting - this told me that I was looking for a good wah sound, not 15 good wah sounds
    > I have enough pedals to tweak, there is value in a plug and play type pedal
    > The Picture Wah has the sound that I would try to achieve with the RMC 2 or 3 - so why bother and spend the extra money?

Of course, if you like to tweak the RMC is the one for you, for me, the Picture Wah is perfect. I don't even check out other wah's anymore (gives me more time for OD"s, he!-he!)

3. jaymeister

Thanks...That's exactly my thought...I have been leaning towards the picture wah for simplicity and good sound. Every clip I've heard of the picture wah is what I like. I guess I'm wondering if I'm going to be missing something vs. the RMC2.

They are both the same price at places I've checked out.

4. Tweeker

Tweeker Supporting Member

Jaymeister,
    You might want to ask Geoffrey Teese your questions. He's always been very willing to offer his time and expertise via email.
    I'm happy with the RMC3 and have tweaked a long time to get the sound I want, but it's now left on "my" setting.
    Tweeker

5. jaymeister

Thanks,
    I may give that a shot.

6. Last Nerve

Last Nerve Supporting Member

I had the RMC2, RMC3LE, Wizard Wah and Picture Wah.

I kept the Picture Wah.
    They all are amazing, but the Picture wah is so vocal and vintage sounding. Exactly what I was looking for in a wah.

7. jaymeister

That's me too-sounds like it's the one...Now where can I find one in stock?:RoCkIn

8. Teahead

Teahead Member

I've tried the Pic, Wiz & RMC3 and I prefer the sound of the RMC3 by a long way. The Pic Wah didn't have enough low end for me and I was never totally happy about how it sounded with my AC30. The RMC3 is the perfect answer, I have it set somewhere between the RMC1 sound (fuller bass) and the stock RMC3 sound (great mids) it's the just the wah tone I wanted.

9. jaymeister

I like the rawness of the wah clip you have put up.

10. Teahead

Teahead Member

Thanks man, although I'm not sure if you found the wah raw, or the clip raw...or both! Anyway, I guess I'm trying to suggest that, for a little extra, you can be sure that it's the last wah you buy.

Regardless of what rig changes you may make in the future, the RMC3 can be tailored to suit. The Picture Wah is excellent, but if it's not perfect for you, there's no option to tweak it.

11. jaymeister

The clip was good, and the wah was a great representation!

EDIT: I just found a picture wah and pulled the trigger!