Need recommendations on amp/efx floorboard..

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by Russ73, Feb 16, 2015.

1. Russ73

Russ73 Member

I need some recommendations for a floor unit with amps and efx that I can run into a power amp and then into a pair of 1x12s for my cover band.... I want to set up a great clean tone, 2 distorted rythem tones and a killer lead tone or two, I want to hit it like a stomp for each sound...what am I looking for? also I was thinking of a quilter poweramp but If you guys have a better suggestion Im all ears!!

2. MoPho

MoPho International Man of Leisure Silver Supporting Member

3. Lele

Lele Member

There's one for every budget...
    Why just floor units, if after that you will have a separate power amp? Is it in a rack?

4. Russ73

Russ73 Member

Im trying to keep the budget as low as possible, like 400 (for the floor board), little more or little less, I was thinking of a quilter power block and running a floor board through, that way I have all my sounds in the floor board and I can just take that anywhere, I know the kemper and axe fx are incredible with a midi board but Im not in that budget...If theres a better option for the money Im open to suggestions...Im open to rack stuff as well....Also, do you guys think I should just run some pedals through the quilter?

5. GCDEF

GCDEF Supporting Member

I just picked up a Boss ME-80. Sounds surprisingly good.

6. speedyone

speedyone Supporting Member

Check out a Digitech RP1000.

It has the perfect set-up for live use; patch and stomp box mode with either 5 or 10 instant access buttons (5 for recalling individual presets, or 10 buttons for turning on/off individual fx). It has a built in volume/expression pedal, an fx loop, xlr outs, and more I can't recall now.

To me, the amp sims are better than Boss and Zoom.

It is no Axe or Kemper, but it has an excellent Vox and Marshall sim, and the cleans/compressor are wonderful.

7. FuzzFox

FuzzFox Member

Avid 11 Rack would be a nice option, use something like the Behringer FCB-1010 to control it. Line 6 POD-HD400/500/X would be another swanky option.

Either option can basically be setup like a traditional pedalboard to trigger certain effects (like a lead boost, or a dirt pedal in front of a preamp) on and off.

Oh, don't forget the Digitech GSP-1101.

8. Russ73

Russ73 Member

Thanx for all the suggestions guys...now off to youtube for a listen!