1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Need refret - recommendations for MA/NH

Discussion in 'Luthier's Guitar & Bass Technical Discussion' started by esw, Feb 1, 2005.

1. esw

esw Guest

I'm looking for a highly skilled tech to refret and setup my late 60's ES-335. I live in north central Mass - willing to drive up to 80 miles. Recommendations?

2. Scott Peterson

Scott Peterson Administrator Staff Member

Seek out Phil Jacoby or John Ingram.

3. esw

esw Guest

Thanks - but Google results for Phil Jacoby show him in Maryland (about a 7 hour drive), no hits on John Ingram.

4. sanhozay

sanhozay klon free since 2009

Jimmy Mouridian in Cambridge, MA {Porter Square}
    does work for Ronnie Earl, J.Geils, more

Noll Guitars in Rhode Island
    www.nollguitars.com
    does work for Duke Robillard

5. aleclee

aleclee TGP Tech Wrangler Staff Member

John Ingram is in MD too. I sent a guitar to him (from CO) for a refret and he'll keep getting my business unless a local shop gets a PLEK.

6. esw

esw Guest

Thanks everybody!

7. GuitarNorton

GuitarNorton Member

Highly recommend Phil Jacoby! Refretted my Les Paul, perfect crowns nicely done fret ends. Just perfect!