need some advice/input...delay problems

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by leblanc74, Feb 14, 2009.

1. leblanc74

leblanc74 Member

I need the forums' input/advice...

I already have Maxon AD9Pro Analog Delay and Akai E2 Headrush Delay/Looper, but I feel there is still something missing in long delays like Gilmorish or U2 style. I use the Maxon AD9Pro for my slapback and the Headrush for looping; however, the Headrush is not satisfying me in regards to longer delays "maybe I need more time to tweak it more"...

Is there a Delay that you can recommend me which is decent quality that could compliment these 2 delays of mine?...

My budget is 400$ to 450$...Thank you

2. MoPho

MoPho International Man of Leisure Silver Supporting Member

How long is long? What do you want the delays to sound like, e.g. digital versus analog? Modulation required? Need tap tempo or something more simple? Pedal board space limitations? I've been through a few delays and these are all fairly important variables.

FWIW I use a DD3 for slap and a Maxon AD900 for the longer analog stuff.

3. ZachariahG

ZachariahG Member

with a budget of 400 to 450, you can get a great delay on there! but tripp2k is right, delay is all about what you need.

4. leblanc74

leblanc74 Member

I was leaning toward the song "with or without you"'s intro from U2 and the solos from David Gilmour

Tap Tempo would be nice, I am ok with going digital for delays another point is that as long the pedal will not suck the tone and be not be noisy...In regards to room space I have plenty since I am redoing my board...

That Maxon AD999 looks good but has no taptempo

5. nibus

nibus Supporting Member

For U2 you'll need a nice tweakable crisp delay with modulation.

For $400 i would recommend the Timefactor.

For $159 i would recommend the Hardwire DL-8.

6. maresco2

maresco2 Member

Empress Super Delay. That runs right along your price mark, has tap tempo too as well as a ton of other features.You might also want to consider waiting for the new Malekko 919 that was previewed at NAMM, but I dont know what your time table is. Good luck.