• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

need some advice on equipment for recording amp/guitar/pedal demos

I need it to be as easy & quick as possible while capturing better tone than an iphone or camera mic. I don't want to spend a lot of time in an editing software trying to sync up separately recorded audio to the video capture etc etc.

I've got a Sony NEX-3 camera.. and iphone 6.

Curious mostly about a high quality mic that will work with the iPhone so the audio will be auto-sync'd.

Prefer a mic that is not attached directly to the camera.. but has a cord so I can stand back and record various views while having the mic close to the source.

I'll mostly be doing amp demos & electric guitar demos. What is the best one for that application?

Blix

Wannabe Shredder
Silver Supporting Member
Buy a audio interface for your iPhone and a good mic like a Sennheiser e906.
Don't buy some crap "iphone" mic or something. :)

Motterpaul

Tone is in the Ears
I am doing this, too. The best thing is a separate audio recording that you can sync to a video - but you need a decent video program to do it. Most small video cameras, even with mic inputs, have auto-leveling which kind if screws up the sound.

Trending Topics