Need some Collings I35 info...

Discussion in 'The Small Company Luthiers' started by edgarallanpoe, Feb 17, 2009.

1. edgarallanpoe

edgarallanpoe Member

Hey guys, I am seriously considering getting one of these beauties and I have a question.

Will Collings bind the F-holes, and if so...what is the upcharge?

Thanks in advance...

2. mojocaster.com

mojocaster.com Member

Did you contact them directly?

3. edgarallanpoe

edgarallanpoe Member

Not yet...I was just looking to see if anyone knew before I contacted them. I looked on the Collings site but didn't see any pricing or options list for the electrics.

4. Tramp

Tramp Gold Supporting Member

The site's pretty lame, at least on the electrics side, but the I-35 is outstanding. I'm curious what they tell you on this. Good luck with the quest.

5. Shane S

Shane S Member

I think you are going to contact them or have a dealer contact them. I have seen a lot of I-35s and none of them have had binding on the f-hole. Also note, the f-holes are cut AFTER the guitar is finished with a laser cutter. It gives if a very clean look. They would have to cut the f-hole first, bind it and then finish it.

Collings is doing more custom work these days and they do bind their 17" archtop guitars - so they maybe able to do an I-35.

Let use know what you find out.