Need some feedback on my studio website

Discussion in 'Recording/Live Sound' started by AJBoy238, Jan 27, 2012.

1. AJBoy238

AJBoy238 Member

I'm a noob at building websites so I understand that this site is pretty bare bones right now. I'm looking for ideas on ways to make it better.

Thanks!

www.MainStreetRecordingOnline.com

2. smallbutmighty

smallbutmighty Supporting Member

It's a good start. Here are somethings to consider:

Make everything smaller. The more you can fit on one screen without forcing the user to scroll, the better.

Focus less on listing your gear and more on the final product. Most customers don't care about your gear. They care about how your recordings sound.

Focus less on listing your gear and more on you and your skills as an engineer. Don't sell you gear. Sell your skills. In customer's mind they should feel like they are paying for you and your expertise, and the gear is thrown in for free.

If you were auditioning a guitar player for your band, and he said "I have a Les Paul, PRS, Stratocaster, Telecaster, Gretcsch, Marshall Plexi, Fender Blackface, and a Dumble. So I'm in the band, right?", what would you say?

OK...maybe a bad example...but you get my point. :)

3. ickywoods

ickywoods Member

I agree. Keep your logo smaller so it's less intrusive on the secondary pages so the users don't have to scroll past it.

I'd add pictures of the space and give yourself a mission statement...what's your specialty? Why would my band want to work with you?

Good luck with it!

4. Benjam226

Benjam226 Member

just something I noticed, and probably a small thing, but the logo on your website looks like it says "Gain Street Studios" not Main Street Studios. Although Gain Street does sound pretty bad ass...dibs. :D

5. rob2001

rob2001 Member

Ya, maybe clear up the M in main street. Otherwise, do you have dedicated tracking rooms? If so list them and the dimensions.

6. slayerbear17

slayerbear17 Member

Well if anything I can read it from afar:p

Maybe use a bit of colour....I know its still early stages but....seemed slighty generic and almost templatish.

What are you using for webpage plublishing??....I need to start building a site again for my band.