Need some help picking a new OD

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by WaysideRickNJ, Jun 2, 2008.

1. WaysideRickNJ

WaysideRickNJ Member

I recently picked up a Keeley Fuzz Head for grittier, nastier, heavier parts I play in the band, but I'm finiding that it's not working quite as expected. That said, I'm back in the search fro a pedal to compliment my FD2 Mosfet that will work well for the heavier tones I'm looking for.

So far, I've been reading through TGP and HCFX and have narrowed it down to a few choices (in no particular order):

1. Fulltone OCD (guidance on which version would be much appreciated)
    2. Hermida Zendrive
    3. Keeley Baked TS9
    4. Analogman TS-9 Silver
    5. Somthing Else

Since I know that many of you experiment frequently with OD's and other Dirt Pedals, I am really looking for some guidance as to what you think would work well with the FD2 in a jammy/acoustic rock type of outfit.

I'm playing a Gibson ES-135 (with Lollar P-90's) through a Mesa Blue Angel 1x12

Thanks!

-Rick

2. Feller

Feller Member

I'd recommend the Keeley Baked TS-9. Great high gain tones with the drive cranked up . . . doesn't get much more "jammy" than that.

3. 3 Mile Stone

3 Mile Stone Silver Supporting Member

Did you think about the Xotic stuff? I like my BB Booster way better than teh OCD and it seems really versatile to me. Any thing from semi-cleanish boost to TS to full on distortion.

4. Rocked Star

Rocked Star Member

5. lowmantotempole

lowmantotempole Supporting Member

A really good place to start is You Tube. When you get there, look up ProGuitarShop. They have a lot of videos up there with really great demos.

As for overdrive pedals, all I could recommend are the ones I actually own. It depends on how heavy you are looking to get.

Right now, my 2 favorite overdrive pedals are: 1. Catalinbread's Supercharged Overdirve and 2. Cmatmod's Brownie.

I just got a Pigtronix Polysaturator that I haven't had much time to mess with yet.