Need some help with Tele wiring

dwolfggc

Hey guys,

I have a Squire CVC Tele and the bridge pick up went out on it last week. I replaced it but some how in the process I reversed the selector switch (i.e. switch in neck position activates the bridge pickup instead of vice versa). Now, I only desoldered the bridge PUP lead from the switch, I didn't touch any other wires. For the life of me I can't figure out how this happened. I've even looked at pictures from other same model teles and it looks the same as mine.

Could anybody point me in the right direction?
Here's a photo of my wiring:

14200232104_373887612c_h.jpg

Hey guys,

I have a Squire CVC Tele and the bridge pick up went out on it last week. I replaced it but some how in the process I reversed the selector switch (i.e. switch in neck position activates the bridge pickup instead of vice versa). Now, I only desoldered the bridge PUP lead from the switch, I didn't touch any other wires. For the life of me I can't figure out how this happened. I've even looked at pictures from other same model teles and it looks the same as mine.

Could anybody point me in the right direction?
Here's a photo of my wiring:

14200232104_373887612c_h.jpg

If you desolder everything you can hook it up the right way. There's a few guides on this on the stewmac website. When I first started building that website helped me out a LOT!

Here's a link to something that may be of some help to you!

http://www.stewmac.com/freeinfo/i-1931/i1931_tele_harness.pdf

:)

dwolfggc

Well... I figured it out. The problem is that I'm a moron (that's usually the problem). I flipped the control plate around without realizing it. I was so focused on getting the wiring right that I totally missed that the control plate was the reverse of what it should be.:jo

I'l leave this thread as a monument to my stupidity
:anon

Well... I figured it out. The problem is that I'm a moron (that's usually the problem). I flipped the control plate around without realizing it. I was so focused on getting the wiring right that I totally missed that the control plate was the reverse of what it should be.:jo

I'l leave this thread as a monument to my stupidity
:anon

I think this serves both our stupidity.... I could've just said "turn the control plate or switch around". haha! That's what happens when you work 14 hours a day+ haha!

:)

Ronsonic

I always flip my control plate around. 'Cept for doing it on purpose and flipping the volume and tone pots too.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom