Need some input from Fender Prosonic owners (or those with previous experience)

I just got a super clean Fender Prosonic 2X10 (USA model)

Soundwise it sounds great & everything seems to be functioning properly. Tubes appear to be glowing nicely etc etc.

But I am struck by how LOW the overall output is of the clean channel. I mean this thing is supposed to be 60 watts right?... Standard Fender Deluxe reverbs (25w) seem to have far more output on the clean channel. I'm not talking about clean headroom.. I know the prosonic is more known to break up a little... Im talking about sheer output volume. It sounds about like a 10-12 watt tube amp.

The overdrive channel can get a little louder. It just doesnt seem right.

Is this an inherent characteristic of the Prosonic or do you think something is wrong??

Thanks!

michael.e

I had a couple over the years and never got that clean Fender "oomph" out of them. They came across as pretty flat sounding Fenders to my questionable ear.

I mean ive got an 80w Bogner Shiva combo... this prosonic sounds like it has about 1/10th of the output volume of that Bogner. That doesnt seem right

mixn4him

Silver Supporting Member
Could be just old tubes or bad rectifier. Even though they glow good doesnt mean they are good..

swiveltung

My friend had one for a long time. He was a very low volume player, duo stuff a lot. he would have summer parties and I'd try to use his amp and all I could get out of it was ZZ TOP tone.. even more gnarly outdoors. One of my least favorite Fenders.

mattisan

I had a Prosonic 2x10 years ago and it was definitely very loud. First thing I would suspect is that the power tubes are worn out and need to be replaced.

Also have you noticed the switches on the back? Prosonic can run class A or A/B and with solid state or tube rectifier. Class A w/ tube rectifier it's about 30w output, Class A/B w/ solid state rectifier is it's max of 60w.

So you could also test if the tube rectifier is working ok by switching between tube and solid state.

JS-29

Something is definitely not right. While some may consider it an amp that breaks up early, it is still a very a loud, class A 30 watts. I'd check the tubes transformers etc... I have not yet played a gig where my Prosonic is not
Loud enough on the clean channel. And there are independent volumes knobs for each channel, but one is not louder than the other.
I also own a deluxe reverb and the Prosonic is noticeably louder and more powerful.

jchan

I gig with the 2-10 combo regularly and it is super loud with tons of clean headroom. I use the SS setting on the clean channel with pedals.

moosewayne

Silver Supporting Member
Time to go see a good tech.
Had a US Prosonic for many years.
Never an instance, clean or driven, it wasn't a loud amp

PatrickE_FenderADV

Silver Supporting Member
Get this amp to a tech... get this amp to a tech... get this amp to a tech.
hqdefault.jpg

Trending Topics

Top Bottom