Need suggestions on an OD.

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by wesc, Jan 25, 2012.

1. wesc

wesc Member

I am going to be adding another OD to my board and I need a few suggestions. I currently have a timmy, Maxon OD 820, and a modded SHO thingy that I made. I play a Gretsch Setzer Nashville and tele through an ac15. A few I had in mind were Hotcake, Eternity, Signa Drive, or D13 Joyride. Any suggestions?

2. Bman20

Bman20 Supporting Member

Hot cake. Suppose to be 'the' OD for vox amps

3. Road King

Road King Supporting Member

It depends on what you want to hear really, but for my Tele tones I run a
    Lovepedal Amp 11 and a Lovepedal Les Lius. I use the A11 for "transparent" very light grit and the LL for more saturated tweed tones. I like a Tele through a Cmatmods Brownie or Signa Drive as well.
    Barber LTD and variants like the 1/2 Gainer are great as well. I ran one of those on my board for years. Even the lowly Boss SD1 is a good choice.
    I've owned and do like (but not well enough to keep) the Kanji Eternity, NOC3 Firefly, about 800 different TS9 and 808 clones, ad nauseum.....

4. whiskeyzulu

whiskeyzulu Member

5. Jet Age Eric

Jet Age Eric Member

Solidgold Superdrive: Does a great job of muscling up Voxes and loves Teles, LPs, Strats, Rics--I assume it'll love Gretschs, too. :p -E