Need TB Looper Help

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by BukiUki, Jan 30, 2012.

1. BukiUki

BukiUki Member

Hello everybody!
    I've run into a problem and can't find a looper that can solve it, so here it goes:
    i use a london fuzz -->other stuff --> two hotcakes into an ac30h2n , and eq'd the amp to work best with the fuzz, but the od's can sound better with the amp eq'd another way...
    so...is there a way to have fuzz going into one channel, od into another, and the other pedals available in both chains?
    I would also like to not resort to huge midi programmable loopers if at all possible...
    is it possible?

2. ahcleinad

ahcleinad Member

I feel like you could do this without a midi rig, but it might require a lot of ab boxes.

Easiest would be just have an ab box at the end of the chain and switch channels with the different pedals you are using.

3. tdk8709

tdk8709 Senior Member

Agreed. Something like a Radial Big Shot ABY at the end of your chain would be the simplest solution.

4. BukiUki

BukiUki Member

Thanks guys, i went looking for such an aby pedal and stumbled upon the lava flow switcher which looks perfect...but can't find info on their site or shops that have them, anyone know about these?

5. ekamal

ekamal Member

What are these other stuff? Do they have stereo ins and outs by any chance?

How about sticking an EQ pedal after the fuzz? You might need something like a 1-looper to switch them in and out of the signal chain at the same time though.

6. BukiUki

BukiUki Member

he he...the other stuff is just mod and delay, but nothing stereo...
    i really wanted something in a loop/switcher cause i could go from od to fuzz without tap dancing, but it looks like they don't make anything like i need...
    (i don't really need/want to use the od and fuzz toghether)

7. ekamal

ekamal Member

Any reason why you put the fuzz at the beginning of the chain and ODs at the end of the chain? This makes it hard to use the ABY switch mentioned above.

If you entertain the EQ after fuzz idea and put the fuzz and ODs side by side you have the possibility of using an A/B selector box to switch between your fuzz or ODs (but not fuzz and OD together) and still go to one channel on your amp.

For example:

Guitar -> Boss LS-2 (fuzz+EQ on channel A / hotcakes on channel B) -> other stuff -> amp

Some commercial examples:
    - Loop Master Clean/Dirty Effects Switcher™ w/Master Bypass
    - Boss LS-2: use the Bypass -> A -> B to cycle through your sounds
    - Lehle Little Dual: not sure if it has master bypass

To use the ABY box I guess you will have to do something like:

Guitar -> other stuff -> ABY (fuzz on one side going to amp's channel 1 / hotcakes on the other side going to amp's channel 2)

And can I say:
    :worthless
    :D

Last edited: Jan 30, 2012
  8. BukiUki

BukiUki Member

He he, well since you asked so nicely, this is the only pic i've got...
    I like the od's after delay, that's why i really wanted to have some kind of ab pedal with a common loop...dammit, now i'll have to invent one!

[​IMG][/IMG]