Need to build one of these...help with a schematic/layout?

Discussion in 'Amps/Cabs Tech Corner: Amplifier, Cab & Speakers' started by CapoFirstFret, Feb 13, 2006.

1. CapoFirstFret

CapoFirstFret Member

Hey guys, I need to build a bypass box...and while they are fairly simple, this one has a catch...I need the loop to be stereo with a stereo output for the whole thing..so mono in, stereo loop send, stereo loop return, and stereo master out......can anyone figure me out a schematic/layout for this thing so I can build it?

Here's a bad image of the basic idea

[​IMG]

2. VaughnC

VaughnC Supporting Member

Here's a wiring that will give you a dual mono loop send, a stereo loop return, and a stereo - dual mono (when bypassed) output. However, because all the 3PDT switch's contacts are used for switching, you won't have an LED function. Hope this helps.
    [​IMG]

3. CapoFirstFret

CapoFirstFret Member

Hey, I can deal with not having an LED!! That looks great...ok so with it setup like this, my output will be mono (but still going to both outputs?) until it is engaged, at which point it goes stereo...right?

4. VaughnC

Yup, in bypass mode, you will have the original mono input signal at both outputs.

5. CapoFirstFret

CapoFirstFret Member

You are awesome!! Now I just have to order the box and switch :) I've got the jacks...hey...should I add a 1 meg resistor to the input and outputs so that I get no noise when switching on and off? or is it necessary?

6. VaughnC

Because there are no capacitors in the box you probably won't need the resistors....but sometimes effects boxes and amps can do unexpected things. You can always experiment later, if necessary.

7. CapoFirstFret

CapoFirstFret Member

8. VaughnC

Your welcome....however, I made a minor wiring change to eliminate one unnecessary switch contact.