• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Need to run a 2 amp setup, advice...

Jeff Hitman

Got a gig coming up next month in Boston at a 2000 seat club. I'll be running a Marshall type 50W head on a 4x12 AND a Traynor YBA-1 on a 2x12, both amps on all the time. Need some advice on the most reliable way to do this. An ABY box? If so, which one?
Thanks,
J

rockster12

I personally would use a lehle ab/y box. I use a lehle a/b/c box for running 2 amps, but I don't need them on simultaneously. I run a marshall 50 watt and a fender super reverb and use the "C" for my tuner out.
The Lehle is the best switching pedal I have ever used and I have used a bunch. Totally quiet, silent switching, LED's that you can actually see in the sunlight. And it is built like a tank. Probably more solid than any pedal I have ever seen.

mlynn02

Silver Supporting Member
i've heard the lehle is good. i've been using the tonebone switchbone. it's got more features than the lehle (boost, drag, phase switching), and none of the ground loop problems that other ABY's have.

Steve Dallas

+1 on the Lehle. Perfectly quiet. No ground loops. No tone suck. Simple and straightforward. Good stuff.

riffmeister

Framptone is another good one. I've had mine for about four years now......no GLH, noiseless switching.....good stuff.

brent

Get a Switchbone, I have no no issues at all with it other than the wierd voltage req.

It does exactly what they say it does perfectly, easily the best switcher I've used

GAT

Platinum Supporting Member
Lehle Dual works great. Have had many problems with Radial/Tonebone gear in the past.

GCDEF

Silver Supporting Member
Depends on the Marshall type head. Older Marshalls had paralell inpts so you could plug into one, then run a cord from the other input to a second amp. Nothing to it.

Randy

Silver Supporting Member
If you're running both amps on all the time I recommend the Axess Electronics BS2. It's buffered to prevent signal loss, has isolated outputs to prevent ground loop hum and has a phase reverse switch in the event you need it. I've used one for years and it works great.

http://www.axess-electronics.com/_p_bs2.htm

Den

Gold Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Originally posted by brent
Get a Switchbone, I have no no issues at all with it other than the wierd voltage req.

It does exactly what they say it does perfectly, easily the best switcher I've used
+1 ... and if you're not sure, having the "Y" capability is awesome.

The Whiz

If you're going to be running with both of them on all the time, a simple Axess BS-2 buffer/splitter will work well. It isolates both amps to prevent hum and it has a phase reversal switch to make sure both amps are in phase. The buffer works very well too.

taco

gkelm

Silver Supporting Member
Originally posted by Randy
If you're running both amps on all the time I recommend the Axess Electronics BS2. It's buffered to prevent signal loss, has isolated outputs to prevent ground loop hum and has a phase reverse switch in the event you need it. I've used one for years and it works great.

http://www.axess-electronics.com/_p_bs2.htm
I agree...if you don't need switching I'd go with the Axess.
Greg

Trending Topics