• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Need to settle bet btn two co-workers...

What would you rather hear from a bar band:

• Oye como va; Santana

• You may be right; Billy Joel

Results are only viewable after voting.

Nuclearfishin

Silver Supporting Member
Ok, I have two co-workers arguing over which song they'd rather hear played by a cover band. Please vote. BTW, I have problems with both songs on many levels, but it is what it is.

taez555

As much as I wish there was a neither option.... the Billy Joel song is a good rocking bar band tune, where as the two chords from the Santana tune played over and over and over again is just asking to be butchered.

tapeworm

Billy Joel all the way. I'd be fine never hearing another Santana song again, ever, ever, ever. Ever.

tiktok

Silver Supporting Member
I've heard umpteen versions of the Santana tune, but I've never heard anyone cover the Joel tune.

Which reminds me--time to to revisit "Moving Out" on Spotify. Billy's good stuff still holds up.

Tommy Biggs

Gold Supporting Member
you can sing "Milk and Cocoa Puffs....Tequila" to the Santana song, pretty much the only reason I want to hear either. No Offence intended.

gixxerrock

As much as I wish there was a neither option.... the Billy Joel song is a good rocking bar band tune, where as the two chords from the Santana tune played over and over and over again is just asking to be butchered.
+1. I much prefer Santana, but have no desire to see him get butchered.

Neer

Silver Supporting Member
"Oye Como Va" is not a Santana tune--it was written by Tito Puente years before Santana recorded it. I would rather listen to that than Billy Joel's music any day of the week.

"Oye Como Va" is not a Santana tune--it was written by Tito Puente years before Santana recorded it. I would rather listen to that than Billy Joel's music any day of the week.
Here, here!!

And why the Santana hate?

BJ blows......:rotflmao

rspencer

Based on all the cover band song threads here, one would think this is a no-brainer.
Every thread repeatedly says you have to play whatever gets the ladies dancing.
A sexy Latin rhythm in a Santana song is going to get the ladies shaking it a lot more than an old Billy Joel song.

Nickstrtcstr

Lactose Intolerant Guitar Slinger
Tough choice because I have seen a few bar bands do Oye Como Va really well and You May Be Right well, not so much.

scottl

Agreed. Although a good BJ wins out.

:Devil

Trending Topics

Top Bottom