• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Need trem pedal suggestions

Atmospheric

I'm looking for a small form factor trem pedal with no volume loss when engaged. Tap tempo not needed. I need something I can set to a fairly fast rate with shallow depth to add shimmer on demand.

Thinking of either Semaphore or Valcoder.

Had a SupaTrem once upon a time. Too big and overkill for what I need now.

Suggestions? Personal experience? Thanks.

Last edited:

Andre357

The CatalinBread Semaphore ( the verticle version that can run on 9 or 18 volts )......is outstanding.

Sounds very deep and lush, Also , the volume knob can boost your signal quite a bit if wanted. Just a great all around pedal.

It ended my trem gas....

blackba

Gold Supporting Member
I really like my BYOC tremelo, no volume knob, but I don't notice a change in the volume between bypass and the effect engaged....

jb1911

The best ones I've had are the Semaphore, the Empress and the Fulltone. I still own the Semaphore.

Prairie Belt

Just bought a Pure Analog Blue Bird Trem via the forum, I'm very happy with it. In addition to to a depth and speed knob, there's also a volume knob. A small toggle switch turns it into a boost pedal. A nice simple tremolo, which is just what I was looking for.

mkg

Just bought a Pure Analog Blue Bird Trem via the forum, I'm very happy with it. In addition to to a depth and speed knob, there's also a volume knob. A small toggle switch turns it into a boost pedal. A nice simple tremolo, which is just what I was looking for.
+1 on the Blue Bird, sounds very much like the bias-vary trem of the smaller Fender brownface amps and the blackface Princeton Reverb.
The volume knob comes in handy.
It's based on the EA trem from the '60s.

Pappy

Gold Supporting Member
The Semaphore is very nice. It has more controls than I need but it's a great pedal.

I also really love my Analogman modded Boss tremolo. It's simple and sounds great. There is an internal volume trim pot.

Lastly, I just ordered an Ocean efx Tremalicious for my Pedaltrain mini. It has volume, speed, and depth controls and has a small footprint. I haven't received it yet but the clips sound great to me, it's small, and it's very reasonably priced.

musickbox

Semaphore. I really like the Supa Trem cause of the big knobs. But I agree I don't like the shape.

thunderpuppy

I love my Valcoder-- I prefer square wave trems, so additional wave shapes are wasted on me. The Valcoder goes from very fast to very slow, the depth goes from near imperceptible to hard chop, and there's a trimmer inside that controls the level (mine arrived with a slight boost. I tweaked it down to unity and haven't opened it up since).

The Valcoder's simplicity is fantastic-- it's very easy to manipulate onstage. Not a lot of knobs to fiddle with, and excellent visual feedback via the pulse of the LED. It sounds great and is dead easy to use.

Trending Topics