Need vibe advice

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by m75bluesbird, Jul 4, 2008.

1. m75bluesbird

m75bluesbird Member

I'm starting to look into getting a uni-vibe sort of pedal, but I could really use some direction on that. So any suggestions, advice, etc., would be appreciated. Thanks!

2. VoodooBlues

VoodooBlues Member

And away we go...

Look, you're going to get a lot of suggestions because there is no clear consensus favorite on TGP. There hasn't been for a very long time. The newest and most talked about is the Foxrox Aquavibe. Some others to consider are:

KR Megavibe
    Fulltone Dejavibe
    Sweetsound Ultra or Mojovibe
    Effectrode Tubevibe
    Prescription Electronics Vibe
    MJM 60's Vibe
    Voodoolabs Micro Vibe

and probably others i'm forgetting right now. Good luck. LOL.

3. Soothsayer

Soothsayer (Paul) Supporting Member

Go to youtube and look up some of the demo's on the Deja Vibe, Vibe Unit, Mega Vibe, Roto Vibe, Ultra Vibe, Chicken Salad, Micro Vibe, etc.

That will give you a starting point, narrow it down from there.

Vintagetom on youtube has some great demos here using a micro vibe, and then there is rotren who posts here alot using a chicken salad. Might not be a bad idea to start with an inexpensive one first and then move up if you really like what you hear.

4. m75bluesbird

m75bluesbird Member

Woah -- i had no idea -- this is gonna be like looking for speakers, or overdrives.... yea!

5. wildschwein

wildschwein Member

Moen Shaky Jimi is worth looking into if you don't want to blow a giant load of cash. Good luck - there are a lot to choose from out there.

6. GAT

GAT Gold Supporting Member

I've had a few vibes and the one I really like is the Sweetsound Ultra Vibe II I got from Guitar25.

7. peterdjp

peterdjp Member

KR Megavibe. I have a/b it with both an Aqua and MJM sixties vibe. Both excellent, Mega is best.

8. Wooley

Wooley Member

Aquavibe. I A/B'd it with the KR Mega, the Fulltone Deja, and the Roger Mayer Voodoo Vibe Jr., and the Aqua came out on top.
    All of the others are excellent, though.
    I think the Voodoo Labs Micro Vibe gets a lot of love as a less expensive alternative to a group of pedals that average about $340.

9. qatcat

qatcat Member