Need you opinions of these analog Delay's!!!!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by gpro34, Mar 8, 2006.

1. gpro34

gpro34 Member

oK, here's the review. I would like to compare the memory lane analog delay with the deluxe memory man delay from electro harmonix. So I ask of you for those who have heard them what did you think? Who's analog delays sound warmer or better? What did you like or not like about each one or just one if that's all you've tried? please let us know --Thank you

2. Madsman

Madsman Member

Hard to describe. I would say that the Memory Lane is clearer... but it's capable of being much warmer or much brighter than the DMM, as a result of the tilt EQ. Tone-wise, I really don't feel that it's even a fair comparison... the DMM is a great pedal, but the Memory Lane is everything I like about the DMM + more.

3. gpro34

gpro34 Member

No one else on this whole guitar playing forum has heard either of these pedals? Anybody besides me try to play and hear different effects?

4. Jacobpaul81

Jacobpaul81 Member

The memory man is a great pedal. It was a bit noisy for my taste, but it definatly has that old analog delay vibe. Think U2 circa 1980-89. I haven't tried the Memory Lane... that 400 dollar price tag is out of my budget.

5. gpro34

gpro34 Member

Thank's Bulldog

6. Snowdog

Snowdog Member

I have had a ML for a little over a month. For me, it is the absolute nicest delay I have ever owned. It is warm, lush, and the modulation is just nuts. So much fun to play with - and inspiring.

Also, from what I have seen, there are quite a few folks on this board that use the ML (so you will probably get a few more opinions).

One thing - the bucket brigade chips they use are not in great supply (from what the Diamond guys have told me) so it might be that the ML could end up being a limited run pedal (just MO).

IMHO - I would wait, save up the extra cash, and get a ML. Diamond makes some awesome pedals, and their customer service is outstanding.

7. gpro34

gpro34 Member

Thank's it looks like a nice pedaL; however, I wish iit were 200 quid.

8. Play by Tone

Play by Tone Member

I personally think its a killer feature set for $420. It sounds great. Honestly. I've always used the modulation cause it sounds so organic, but the other day I turned if off for a second. Sounded just as good! Its just a great box. I'm still looking forward to my Echoczar, but the ML is just so hot for what it is!

9. Madsman

Madsman Member

We'd all like a 200 ML, but it doesn't exist. The closest you'll find is the DMM you're thinking about, and the Jacques Prisoner, which doesn't get more than 300 ms, I believe, but does modulation, for around $200.

The Memory Lane is the only thing available at its price point that does what it does. 550 ms analog delay, tap tempo, modulation, expression pedal and effects loop. The Way Huge SuperPuss was close, and nowhere near its price range... the Moog is more expensive but pretty feature-laden... and the EchoCzar is the EchoCzar.