Needed reviews on B.C.Rich virgin platinum

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by d_istorted, Feb 20, 2009.

1. d_istorted

d_istorted Member

Guys, m living in india n m abt to get a B.C.Rich virgin, platinum series frm a friend in hongkong in a week or so... So i ws luking fr sum first hand reviews fr the guitar... i m into deathmetal, thrash n hard rock... Will the guitar serve me well... I m also considering getting EMG actives 81/85 fr it... kindly give yr opinion...

2. d_istorted

d_istorted Member

Thnx fr the reply... I've read the harmony central reviews... They all seem to be ok... I ws luking frwrd fr sum first hand reviews here on the forum... If anybdy gotta play this guitar?

3. echale3

echale3 Member

If it's anything like my Platinum Series Warlock was, it's basically a guitar-shaped piece of crap with strings on it.

What's wierd is that I really like the BC Rich NJ Classic guitars, and should have kept the one I had a few years ago...

4. d_istorted

d_istorted Member

I suppose platinum series is the high end series of B.C.Rich... Isnt it supposed to be gud?

5. CJReaper

CJReaper Member

No, it's the opposite, Platinum are the bottom of the line, the Platinum and Bronze series are garbage, save your money.

Cheers,

CJ

6. d_istorted

d_istorted Member

Alryt, so hw does the heirarchy go?
    Actually in india there r nt of much B.C.Rich players n none of the major stores deal with B.C.Rich, it ws my frend who told me its gud n i asked him to bring it fr me, i hv nvr played a B.C.Rich myself... with reference to indian currency it comes quite costly, i was getting it a bit cheaper by evading the customs n all... So widin the budget the other options i've at hand are ibanez rg321, cort vx flying v.... Will B.C.Rich fare better then them? N i ws planning to get EMG actives, so if the problem ws the B.C.stock pikups, dat can b overlooked... pls pour in a few more critical suggestions...

7. Mikey2201

Mikey2201 Member

What he said:agree

8. d_istorted

d_istorted Member

Awryt... So wt all options i've at hand considering the budget... Which is 25,000 INR, or 500$... Wt i m getting here in india fr the same money is cort vx flying v, ibanez rg... Any odr gud options?? Or these r still worse than virgin??

9. CJReaper

CJReaper Member

Those are both better than the Virgin for sure.

Cheers,

CJ