needle guitar vibrato or floyd rose rail tail tremolo for a fender stratocaster

jazzyguy

hello guys i have an fender stratocaster american, with a vintage tremolo the 6 screws one and im thinking to replace it for another tremolo that allow me a little more of function but no as the classical floyd rose system.
son i found to options the first one site needle guitar vibrato and the other is the new floyd rose rail tail tremolo which seems most effective, and i have a graph tech nut. but in the other hand i don't know if its better ton install the two point tremolo system of the american stratocaster, in that case i will need to drill two holes to install it? 2 years ago i went with a guy to do that but he was very busy and because of my job o couldn't back. as you see im very confused!! i have to mention that i already have the two pivot system bridge!!
i friend of mine told about the wilkinson nut, that i will be a good option with that bridge just like Jeff Beck guitar.

can you give some advise about this topic i don't want to make a mistake with my guitar

Totally Bored

can you give some advise about this topic i don't want to make a mistake with my guitar

Don't do it.

Nothing wrong with a stock fender tremelo. All mine stay in tune fine and I use my whammy bar a lot. If it's not staying in tune than its your nut not the tremelo.

jazzyguy

so its better to keep the vintage tremolo and just chance the nut? should i go for a wilkinson nut or the graph tech nut? also the brigde of my guitar has only 3 spring should i use more for mo stability?

Whiskeyrebel

Silver Supporting Member
This system looks like installs in place of a 6-screw vibrato:
and this one

Last edited:

jazzyguy

it does just im not sure how good idea is to go for the floyd rose rail tail tremolo!!! since i want a little more range to use the tremolo

jazzyguy

i didn't see the the blade runner video it seems very good and with no issues with the intonation, does anybody has used this one?

jazzyguy

if i decide to install the blade runner, should i have to replace the nut too, with the the nut of the same brand?

bluesdoc

Gold Supporting Member
Platinum Supporting Member
I put a blade runner in a strat I had and while it worked fine, the feel was different and something I could not warm up to. YMMV. I recently put a Mann Made (a la PRS - http://www.mannmadeusa.com/products/bridges/vibrato-bridges/ ) trem in another project strat and I love it. This was a partscaster starting from nothing, so I wasn't replacing a stock trem. I mostly use if for very subtle warble - not metal diving. It's smooth as silk and stays in tune very well.

jon

Trending Topics