Neighbor Just Visited...Thank You...

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Campfired, Dec 5, 2017.

1. Suave Eddie

Suave Eddie Member

AZChilicat and StanG like this.
  2. Stu Cats

Stu Cats Supporting Member

You're driving a race car on a one mile oval track. You drive one lap at 30 MPH. How fast do you have to drive the second lap in order to average 60 MPH for BOTH laps?

Roark, marktweedy, MustardCap and 2 others like this.
  3. EricPeterson

EricPeterson Supporting Member

[​IMG]

aman74, CRBMoA, jkg and 6 others like this.
  4. StanG

StanG Supporting Member

Just wondering? Do you ever get a STFU look from customers?

AZChilicat, Roark, Stu Cats and 3 others like this.
  5. StanG

StanG Supporting Member

The answer is $20.

6. Stu Cats

Eat a bag of chicks!!!!! Ummm, the answer was something like that.

AZChilicat, Roark and StanG like this.
  7. MustardCap

MustardCap Member

I remember that thread, seems like yesterday-------------- HAHA!

8. Peteyvee

Peteyvee Premium Platinum Member

That's a big no-no. When I managed retail, I would have given you an extra day off to think about why that's a bad thing. The second time, I would have written you up. Three write ups in a year and you wouldn't have had to worry about store procedures because you'd be looking for another job...

I always inspected $50 bills and larger and if I wasn't there, the assistant manager would. You'd be amazed at how many phony $100s are out there. There is another major reason for keeping a balanced cash drawer: so it isn't a PITA to close out the day. That's why the manager wasn't happy about Bob's excess cash; it causes extra work for him or her...

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
  9. Campfired

Campfired Gold Supporting Member

It's certainly beginning to smell a lot like Xmas...

Just finished some lobster/crab ravioli, alfredo meatball sauce, and still nursing a freshly poured glass of wine.

Met a dog walker while on my way back from putting clothes in the dryer, out between the apartment buildings, walking her dachshund, Lola. Bent over to let the dog sniff my hand and to pet the dog, and commented the the dog could likely smell the ravioli on my clothing.

The air was crisp and cold, and you could smell the smoke from fireplaces in people's houses a way's off. Some of the poles in the main building had garland and pine, and an artificial Xmas tree with ornaments.

Friday is due to be another above average temperature day, and Saturday, our first snowfall with predicted 3 to 6 inches of snow. I think I'll need to check my shoes for waterproofing, and my CD collection for jazz. Nobody wants an evening without peace and quiet, but it's likely to be another disquieting evening abroad.

My feeling is that everybody would like peace, but it seems like while mankind fights its battles, peace is indeed fleeting and temporary. May each you find whatever peace you may, and this holiday season love your family and friends while keeping those who would do you harm in regard towards forgiveness.

May you hum a happy tune while you work doing whatever you enjoy most, and avoid the temptations and distractions that would only drain you of your hard-earned wages, and continue to do things that keep you humble so that you can enjoy your lives.

10. hereandgone18

hereandgone18 Supporting Member

I appreciate the sentiment, but what if temptations and distractions are the things I enjoy most?

11. StanG

StanG Supporting Member

Watch out for those dachshunds, they look cute, but will rip your face off given the chance.

More importantly, was the dog walker hot?

12. Campfired

I might agree with you, Pete, except that the assistant manager is the only one who questions this. Large bills are inspected at both point of sale and during glance count for watermark and ribbon, and safely taken care of. The manager isn't worried about how much cash I've taken in, if it means we've made more sales.

Although I can't speak about
    store procedure, I can say that the local store manager (my boss) is responsible for issuing time off as probation, but has never done so for any employees that I know of for receiving counsel from store unless it directly went against the store manager's expressed wishes.

The store manager doesn't mind if we've taken in more cash sales, although counting cash only requires balancing register cash sales and money taken in, as many retail people know.

Although this is more about money and store policy, one must be aware of knowing how to handle one, and obey the other. Nuff said. Counsel is received when correction might be required, and fortunately, because the store values my improving work ethic, store management has allowed me to work there the past 15 years. Am I perfect? Nope. Occasionally I forget to check the 20s in my cash drawer. That seems to be the only issue my assistant manager has with me.

13. MrAstro

MrAstro Member

Don't worry about him - he just likes mentioning how he was the boss of people and told them to do this and that. Makes him feel big and important like people give a damn. Not for the first time either.

Suave Eddie likes this.
  14. Campfired

[​IMG]

15. Stu Cats

Some people are just not interested in gaining knowledge or wisdom of any kind.

sanrico, Suave Eddie and StanG like this.
  16. Campfired

No, Pete's right, but worked with a more strict store policy. My store boss is slightly more flexible and lenient. All the same in the wash.

17. MrAstro

MrAstro Member

He's right but it's the way it's said. You don't need to say back when I was President of ACME I would kick people's arses to get your point across.

You only need to say what is wrong with the procedure.

Back when I owned a fleet of Ferraris while people drove shitbox dodges I felt that I was better than everyone else. In those days I would roll up to my mansion in Beverly Hills, tip my manservant and revel in how high up in food chain I was. Aren't I king of the heap!!!

Suave Eddie likes this.
  18. rangerkarlos

rangerkarlos Member

Like to pretend I work there. Always ask where to punch out when done. Like to bring a little levity to their world whenever I can.

sanrico and StanG like this.
  19. Blaqhat

Blaqhat Silver Supporting Member

I can't remember if you accepted any bananas or cucumbers.

Suave Eddie likes this.
  20. chrisr777

chrisr777 Member

(30+X)/2=60
    30+X=60*2
    30+X=120
    X=120-30
    X=90

Unless, of course, you want each lap to average 60. In which case it can't be done because 30 does not equal 60.

sanrico and dinocicerelli like this.