Neil Diamond Cracklin Rosie

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by wahfreak, Jan 29, 2012.

1. wahfreak

wahfreak Member

I was feeling a little nostalgic tonight and I ran across this. Great mix, great arrangment. The low end on this song kicks major ass. Damn those guys were good back then! Listen on a good pair on monitors and enjoy!

2. Rockledge

Rockledge Member

Neil Diamond stuff kicks ass. Every now and then I bust loose playing the fingerstyle licks to "Forever in Blue Jeans" at a gig while tuning up or just BSing around or at a jam, and it immediately gets attention.
    The guy was a jamming rock dude well before he started doing the lighter stuff.
    The dude is a fantastic songwriter as well as performer.

3. Neer

Neer Supporting Member

Brings back good childhood memories when music was probably the only thing that brought me joy. Was never fond of Neil, but a few of these top 40 hits are part of the fabric: Cherry, Cherry and Kentucky Woman.

4. jeffm725

jeffm725 Member

Absolutely LOVE old Neil Diamond. He was the real deal as a songwriter (and performer) Hot August Night is a GREAT live album. I really dug his performance at the Last Waltz too. On those old tunes Neil had a great penchant for writing songs that Had very effective dynamic builds to them that he was great at putting across during live performance. Holly Holy comes to mind as a song that just builds and builds. Great stuff!