• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Nels Cline (Wilco) Rig Rundown on Premier Guitar

Wolf_Daddy

Silver Supporting Member
I want to watch this so badly, but clicking play makes it say "an error occurred please try again later." :(

Edit: Finally got it to play.

Clifford-D

That was GREAT, the best rundown of his gear yet.

He may be a crazy brilliant guitarist but he's really very clear and concise with words.
He seems like a nice guy.

Wolf_Daddy

Silver Supporting Member
That was GREAT, the best rundown of his gear yet.

He may be a crazy brilliant guitarist but he's really very clear and concise with words.
He seems like a nice guy.
Wholeheartedly agree. Might be the BEST gear rig tour I've ever seen.

roadfilm

Man that was great, thanks for linking it. Really cool that it was recorded at the show at The Val Air Ballroom in West Des Moines.

Elmer

hell is chrome
Excellent, thanks! I saw Wilco on the recent tour, and seeing Nels work all of that gear was like watching a wizard perform some kind of sonic alchemy. It was fascinating to watch him do his thing.

sahhas

Silver Supporting Member
ok that was way cool . his playing is so good. anyone know how tall he is, he looks like a giant??

sahhas

Silver Supporting Member
pedals insane,yes: when he demo'd his fuzz factory, that sounded so good. wow!

marktweedy

In Transit®
He acted like a kid with a bunch of new toys on Christmas morning which I thought was very cool.

teleking36

Silver Supporting Member
ok that was way cool . his playing is so good. anyone know how tall he is, he looks like a giant??
I had the pleasure of meeting and chatting with him (and Pat Sansone and John Stirratt) at last year's Solid Sound Festival. I'm 6ft tall and Nels was taller than me; my guess is 6'3". FTR he's as nice in person as he was in this video. Very approachable, easy to talk to.

Pat Sansone was equally amazing to talk to, even more engaging. He took my band's EP as well!

Rockinrob86

Silver Supporting Member
I spent a half hour or so chatting with him after a show a couple years ago. My dad is 6'3" and I would guess Nels is 6'5" or so. He was taller than my dad.

He is a super cool, easy going guy.

Elmer

hell is chrome
I had to go back and watch this again. So, so cool. Nels is the man!

I do believe I needs me a Jazzmaster...

Trending Topics