• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Nembrini Audio BG Extasy

Senor Blues

guitarlix

Check out the audio samples at the website link - much better representation. Sounds as good as the Mercurriall one....possibly better! (Mercurriall model is $49 now)

A pity Line6 doesn't have this yet. Wonder what else L6 model can get me close with some tweaking - it's all about the sag and lower mids on this amp.

Last edited:

Kyle Ashley

Silver Supporting Member
I have 2 Ecstasy heads from the 90s that I toured extensively with.

Mercuriall is much, much closer to my real Bogners. I set up the software amps exactly as I ran the blue channel for live gigs and compared.

Mercuriall Euphoria really feels and sounds almost identical in tone with controls set the same. The Nembrini has way more gain than any Ecstasy blue channel, and is more scooped with fizzier highs and a woolier bass. Nembrini can be adjusted to sound good as well, but if we are comparing software to hardware, Mercuriall nails it down in a 1:1 test using the exact same knob and switch settings as the real amp.

Nembrini at those same settings sounds more like a Mesa than a Bogner.

stratton

I had an Ecstasy on loan for a couple of months and I never could really wrap my head around it, so I can’t say with any authority if it’s like the amp or not. For $10 for the iOS version, it’s a great deal. However, I really miss being able to drop in an IR. Flipping through the presets I kept thinking not bad, nothing a York IR couldn't fix. Crazy good deal for $10 though.

Senor Blues

It’s much better with your own IRS as is THU. The two videos of it are using Ownhammer IRS with the stock IR cab bypassed.

primemover12

Not super impressed. As Kyle says, the Mercuriall is far closer to the real amp--it has the low mids and the squishiness of the real deal. The Nembrini sounds squawky and grainy; like a Bogner mated to a Soldano. Dropping the stock cab for Ownhammer helps, but in a comparison, I always preferred the feel and sound out of the Mercuriall Euphoria.

Senor Blues

I am demoing Mercurial now on my DAW, but for 10 bucks on IOS this thread is about the Nembrini Amp, not if Mercurial is better. Arguably tone is subjective, and with some tweaking I think they are the same, but again is an opinion

guitarlix

How are you guys using this on IOS? On your phone / tablet? If so, how're you plugging in your guitar? Sorry if all of this is obvious - I may just not be up to speed

Senor Blues

How are you guys using this on IOS? On your phone / tablet? If so, how're you plugging in your guitar? Sorry if all of this is obvious - I may just not be up to speed

You can use it standalone.

But better is to host it in AUM. THAT way you can put other effects before / after, set up dual rigs, turn off the stock IRS and use your own,etc

what you see here is an Xsonic Xtone Into iPad with an Apple camera connector, and a Power bank that is charging the iPad . Xsonic headphones out:
WRxC0mo.jpg

The Xsonic is more expensive than iRig2 but it’s built like a tank. I broke an Irig 2 headphone jack, so bought something that won’t break.

Here I have in the middle THU hosted in the middle bus.
On the left is AudioStretch to slow down licks and loop things to learn them.
On the right is a drummer for when I think I’ve got something down Anna practice it in time.

bEXKVnw.png

Works the same way with Nembrini amps, I just change out THU for the Nembrini amp.

Senor Blues

if you buy an IK IRig2 as an interface, do your self a favor as they are flimsy: After light use the headphone jack stopped working on mine. Came loose from the board it was attached to.

When I got another one I used one of these, permanently:

I secure it to the iRig 2 and plug in and out of the cheap extender.

Kyle Ashley

Silver Supporting Member
wow - you guys are way more high tech than me! I barely know how to work a smart phone or tablet.

btw, in my testing I did ditch the built in cab IRs and used the same speaker IR for both soft amps - Celestion Speakermix Pro with Creamback 65/V30 blend. And I just plugged my guitar straight into my DAW with a Neve DI.

I don't want to slag on Nembrini. They make cool affordable digital amps that do sound good.

I own the real amps to many of these models though and it's a bit of a fun hobby to dial up the real amp and then dial the software amp exactly the same and A/B between them.

In the case of Ecstasy - the Merc was much more on the mark. Same thing for the Soldano SLO. I have both of the Nembrini SLOs, but the Neural DSP model is much closer in tone/feel to the real amp.

Another fun trick I do with software amps is that I occasionally plug into a Bogner Harlow pedal before the DI. I set the Harlow basically flat with no boost or compression, but I get the little bit of juice from the built in Neve transformer. It adds a subtle dimension to the feel of the software amp and results in a bit more "real" factor.

stratton

I’m going to look into AUM. In the meantime, I had a lot of fun with the Nembrini and a Tele. I think I landed on default channel 2, and just dialed the gain back. I bought Cubasis 3 too. Everything works. :oops: I am determined to get a fun and easy to use iPad/iPhone rig going for convenience, and I’m really surprised how much I enjoy not having to use mouse and keyboard for everything.

Senor Blues

The more I tweak it, the more I like it. Sounds good, but doesn’t’t tune in sports radio like my Plexi does.

vanielik

I tried it and I like it, but...
I also tried the Mercuriall Euphoria (that is in a special offer today).
and I like the Euphoria more.
The Midrange and overall freq response sounds a tad more natural to me.
Both Sims are very good!
But you might Demo both, before you spend the money.

Senor Blues

Apples/ Oranges. I demoed mercurial , doesn’t run on on IOS. I can get the same tones from Nembrini on iOS for 10 bucks (!) which’s was my reason for posting the thread. All it takes is tweaking. If you go by the stock presets your statement is true.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom