Neo classical rock jam

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by paulscape, Aug 19, 2008.

1. paulscape

paulscape Member

2. BryanMatthews

BryanMatthews Member

I actually much preferred the sound of your rhythm guitar as opposed to the lead wankage, the rhythm is real tight and in the groove with bass / drums . Clips like this one, whilst enthusiastically embraced by many other guitar fora , tend to die on their ass here at TGP. Im posting because I thought the rhythm, as a whole, in the clip was rock solid and really quite good, and it would be disheartening for you to see your thread slide off the page completely ignored.

Good work Paulscape.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2008
  3. speedyone

speedyone Supporting Member

Hey Paulscape, I really enjoyed that, thanks for sharing!

Maybe 1,000 forum members hate shred, but there will always be 5 or 6 that do like it!

Besides, all that matters is that you play the music you love. I appreciate anyone here who has the courage to share their playing with us.

Thanks again :dude

4. andybaylor

andybaylor Supporting Member

This kicks ass!!!!

Hell yes!

But Bryan is right. The majority of the crowd here is too old and jaded for this style. It's silly. When Yngwie threads start around here, a lot of the posts are VERY jealous and non musical. I.E. Oh...nice leather pants, or comments about hair, and general rock styling.

But...I'm sure their wives and girlfriends would have a different perspective.

I'd bet my 63 strat on that one.

Rock On!!! AB

5. paulscape

paulscape Member

Hey thanks for the listen! Fast, slow, popular unpopular, new or old its all art to me and I like it all!

6. BryanMatthews

BryanMatthews Member

erm no.
    Its called personal choice. If somebody posted the best bagpipes or country song ever on TGP, I wouldnt give it a listen because both of those music styles are of negligible interest to me.

Its all down to what rocks your boat, just so happens that jazz and fusion guitar styles are popular here on TGP. Id prefer to watch grass growing than listen to shred , thats my choice, but if somebody puts a lot of hard work into producing a well executed track as paulscape did, I do believe that should be acknowledged.

7. paulscape

paulscape Member

Thanks Bryan and jazzguitarplay! Its good to be open minded. There is good music in all styles and I like bagpipes too, especially northumbrian pipes!

8. Priestunes

Priestunes Member

Great chops! Holy chops, these are great lines! Yikes.... Nice rhythm. Mix is balanced and musical. Cool shtuff!

9. cmacalpine

cmacalpine Member

that was definitely on!! Great Job and the tune was rocking, very tight rhythm and drums. Very, very nice. Great tone with the strat as well.

10. paulscape

paulscape Member

Thanks Priestunes and cmacalpine!