Neo-Instruments VENTILATOR Leslie sim

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by 79stratman, Dec 16, 2009.

1. 79stratman

79stratman Member

A friend from another list just clued me in on the Neo-Instruments VENTILATOR Leslie simulator pedal he's been using. The clips I listened to sounded very, very nice. Maybe, even the best I've ever heard from a sim pedal. I've got quite a few different rotary pedals, but all seem compromised in some way. Of course, hauling around a full-size Leslie has some distinct compromises, as well! Though, it's hard to beat moving actual air.

Any of our Eurpean contingent have any first-hand experience with these?

The major problem is, there is NO US Distributor for Neo-Instruments. My local shop had inquired about getting the VENTILATOR a few weeks ago, but were denied access, since they can't get any shipped directly to them without a US Distributor. :thud

I don't know what might be involved with a distributorship, but I think the product is ultra-worthy of some brave soul picking-up the US Distributorship.

I have to say that the VENTILATOR seems to hold some promise. To be fair, all the clips I heard were organ/keyboard based. However, the VENTILATOR does include a keyboard/guitar sensitivity switch, which is a hopeful sign of potential guitar goodies.

If you've got information....bring it on! :drool

http://www.neo-instruments.de/en

2. mahler

mahler Member

No info but looks GREAT!

3. Angle Loss

Angle Loss Supporting Member

Looks very interesting, though I'd really like to hear a guitar example. It has taken so long for there to be any decent Leslie sims (save for the Dynacord in the 1980's).

4. JRC4558Dude

JRC4558Dude Member

5. todd richman

todd richman Senior Member

Looks really cool-definitely need some gtr demos.

6. Angle Loss

Angle Loss Supporting Member

I emailed them. They said they would have a US distributer by January. Unfortunately, no guitar clips for a while...kinda useless for us guitarists!

7. todd richman

Any idea on the U.S. price these will be?

Am I reading the specs correctly, the width is a little over 7" wide?

I just sent an email to thomann.de, a dealer in Germany who I have dealt with before. Hopefully I hear from them in a few days.

8. JoeyHarley

JoeyHarley Member

do believe that one's going in both the guitar and the keyboard rig :) it's gonna be expensive, though, for sure. and huge..7 inches wide, 5 something deep, and 6 tall? wow.

9. mjm59

mjm59 Member

Yeah, guitar samples would be most helpful, but in the meantime, there are a couple of Youtube vids that were just posted. The description on the website mentions that there is a defeatable speaker sim for use with guitars.... Sounds nice.

Mike

10. lpnv59

lpnv59 Supporting Member

I got one and its a pretty amazing sound with a guitar and amp. Its compact too. In the pic above, you can see it sitting on top of the bottom keyboard. I dunno where someone got the idea it was 6 inches tall.

11. todd richman

lpnv-where did you get yours? Price in U.S. dollars please?

12. lpnv59

lpnv59 Supporting Member

Direct from the builder Guido Kirsh of Neo Instruments in Germany. I emailed him about availabilty and payment. He shipped it out imediately after I Paypal'd him $499 USD. I had it in about 8 days.

13. Deville2Rocket

Deville2Rocket Member

Wow, those audio samples on their website are awesome! Can't wait to hear some guitar demos.

14. Macaroni

Macaroni Member

15. h8hoos

h8hoos Member

I own a Korg CX3 and also a Nord Electro 3. Also, I play guitar through a pod xt-live. Is there a way to hook-up a Ventilator so that it will work for both my guitar and also my keyboard(s)? I have a small Mackie mixer that I run all this stuff through, but I can't figure out where to put the Ventilator to have it work for both keys and guitar. Any thoughts?

16. ruger9

ruger9 Supporting Member

there's a guitar demo w/the Ventilator on youtube.

Judging by video demos & soundclips, the Ventilator does sound like the best sim out there, but at $500 it's outta' my price range. I might pay that much for a MAGICAL delay (and paid nearly that much for the Empress VMSD), but as cool as a leslie is, it ain't cool enuff (for me) to spend $500 on.

Of course, if a had $500 to burn, I'd already own one. :)

17. h8hoos

h8hoos Member

I meant to include that I come out of the mixer to a pair of Mackie SRM 450 v2 pa speakers.

18. drawbars

drawbars Member

If you want to run a Ventilator to both a guitar and an organ, and send both items to the PA, I would suggest using the effects loop.

1. Turn down the main feed on the channel(s) going through the Ventilator.
    2. Use the Effects Out to send to the Ventilator.
    3. Use the Effects Return (or a spare channel) to return the output(s) of the Ventilator.
    If you want to use your guitar amp in the mix, then you will need an A-B box that allows "crossing the streams," so to speak. I think Morley makes one; there may be others. It's also not too hard to make yourself.

As far as dealers and guitar demos go: 1) my online store, AshbySolutions.com, is now one of two US Ventilator dealers; and 2) we're working on getting some guitar demos online very soon. I also know of a Canadian dealer for those of you a little farther north.

Regards,

-BW

Bruce Wahler
    AshbySolutions.com™
    bruce@ashbysolutions.com

19. JoeyHarley

JoeyHarley Member

hey bruce, what's the cost and shipping gonna be through you guys? i ended up just buying a leslie, but i'm still getting a vent for times when i can't use it.

20. drawbars

drawbars Member

Hi Joey,

Price is $499US for the mono version, and $519US for the stereo modded version. Both prices include shipping anywhere in the US, including APO. I'm working on getting some foot pedals made, too. If you a) want to put the Vent on top of your keys (or in a rack); or b) you want Chorale/Tremolo/Stop, you need an external pedal. None of the standard Marshall/Vox/Traynor/etc. channel-boost or reverb-tremolo pedals work without modification.

And, to all: In keeping with the forum's no-shill, no-spam rules, please send any specific questions about the Ventilator to bruce@ashbysolutions.com. Right now, I'm in transition, day-gig-wise, so you might not get an answer for a few hours.

Regards,