Neo Ventilator Power Requirements

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by MG90, Sep 4, 2011.

1. MG90

MG90 Member

I am wondering what the Vent requires and if there is a pedal power supply box that will do it?

Thanks

2. MG90

MG90 Member

3. Tonal Comfort

Tonal Comfort Supporting Member

4. jnepo1

jnepo1 Silver Supporting Member

The Neo Ventilator requires 12VDC at under 300mA. If you have a Voodoo Lab ISO-5, you can power the Ventilator thru the 12V tap(12V-300mA), keep in mind the tap shares the 300mA w/ the adjacent 9V tap.

There are many PSU now that supply 300mA thru a tap, just make sure it's thru a 12V tap. Here is a list of PSU from Stinkoot's website(Andreas is a TGP member): http://stinkfoot.se/archives/808
    Well worth bookmarking!

5. MG90

MG90 Member

6. Improviser

Improviser Member

Is it possible to power the Neo Ventilator with a Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2+ ?

7. jnepo1

It is worth a try. Plug it thru tap 5 or 6 and set the DIP switch away from normal. The Neo's wallwart is rated at 300mA, I'm sure it is less than that. If it doesn't function properly, then you would need more mA. Just remember that placing the DIP away from normal will give you unregulated current though. You could always use the accessory outlet as well.

8. Improviser

Improviser Member

Thanks for that - I have the pedal on the way so will give it a try when it arrives. I can power the Foxrox Aquavibe like you suggest, so I'll give the Neo Ventilator a go like that as well.

As earlier mentioned the Neo Ventilator requires 12VDC at under 300mA, though does it maintain the same polarity? (With my Maxon AD900 I have to flip the polarity by using a different DC cable).

9. jnepo1

I believe it is center negative, which would be a standard barrel plug (2.1mm), you would have to check the unit or manual. If it is a different polarity, then it it would be a 2.5mm barrel plug meaning a center positive connection. If that's the case, it would require the "red" cable provided in most power supplies that use 2.1mm barrel connectors to the PSU.