1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Nesting A/Bs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by stevel, May 8, 2008.

1. stevel

stevel Member

Just thinking out loud here,

I have a Twin and a Marshall.

The Marshall is two channel footswitchable. I can make one louder for solo boost (though the tone is a touch different, I think I can make it work).

The Twin I used to run with with an A/B switch and just ran the Vibrato Channel louder for solo boost - again, slightly different tone but works (and separate EQ on that one).

Can I run my guitar into 1 A/B, send one side to the Marshall, and then send the other side to ANOTHER A/B, and then each of those on to the two inputs on the Twin?

TIA,
    Steve

2. michael.e

michael.e Supporting Member

If you are not going to have phase issues, run a VHT Valvulator to the twin side.

Emee

3. stevel

stevel Member

I believe you only get phasing issues if you send the same signal to both the normal and vib channels simultaneously - I'd be using them one at a time.

So you think there's going to be some signal degradation doing it this way?

Steve

4. localmotion411

localmotion411 Supporting Member

Watch out for ground loops. That is generally what plagues multiple amp setups.

5. Austinrocks

Austinrocks Member

With a marshall and a fender I generally run a chorus pedal and have the marshall direct and the fender wet, sounds like two guitars playing at once. I have an EH Memory Man that I use this way, and it really sounds great. I can change the mix level to get one amp or the other, but TBH I usually have both going it sounds killer.