Netflix aviation alert: Charlie Victor Romeo

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Jeff Gehring, Mar 29, 2015.

1. Jeff Gehring

Jeff Gehring Silver Supporting Member

I ran across the film Charlie Victor Romeo on Netflix last night, and found it a pretty riveting experience. The premise is refreshing: no CGI eyepoppers, no bogus plot devices, just actors on a minimal set delivering the most intense script possible -- the actual cockpit voice recordings (CVR) from six aircraft incidents/accidents. If you are curious about what goes on on the flight deck when things begin to hit the fan, you'll find this worth your time.

Warning: there is only a minimum of explanation of causality given after the scenario, usually just one terse line of text. And as I said, don't expect Denzel to come flying through inverted.

2. stephax

stephax Member

Cool ! Thanks for sharing, I'll see if I can check that.
    Cheers.

"no CGI eyepoppers" I like it !

3. crambone

crambone Supporting Member

Will check it out, thanks.

4. ACfixer

ACfixer Member

Sounds cool.

There are some recreations of GA aircraft incidents on the AOPA and ASF websites that will chill you to the bone. Careless, even purposeful flights into instrument conditions and worse.... most flights ending much the same as JFK Jr's did.

5. Mr. Kite

Mr. Kite Member

Thanks for the recommendation.
    Made my palms sweat. In one of the reenactments the cause was tape left on some sensors by technicians! Who knew a piece of freakin tape in the wrong spot could do so much damage.

6. Jeff Gehring

Jeff Gehring Silver Supporting Member

The technician used regular silver duct tape over the static ports before cleaning the aircraft (instead of the recommended bright dayglo colored tape). Nearly impossible to see during the preflight inspection...