Netflix series you just can't get into...

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by jdel77, Apr 15, 2016.

1. jdel77

jdel77 Silver Supporting Member

I seem to remember a similar thread to this, so if it's a repeat, I apologise in advance...however, any series on Netflix you've given a good go but just can't latch onto?

For me it's Daredevil. I've tried. Foggy is a goon, Matt is such a pompous idealist and there's something else I can't pinpoint that just irks me about it. The character of Fisk is quite layered which is enjoyable I guess. I've watched 8 or so episodes of the first season and think I might just pull the pin on it.

Vikings, on the other hand, I found just riveting from the get-go. Athelstan's character was a little annoying, but failing that I'd give it high praise.

Everyone raves about Making A Murderer, so maybe that's next.

Anyone else's?

2. TheTones

TheTones Member

3. ford

ford Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

I loved Daredevil... but I loved comics as a kid.

I like Longmire. I think there is some good writing in there, but it is not action packed.

Route234 and TheClev like this.
  4. T Dizz

T Dizz Member

I can't get into Daredevil either, wife likes it though. would it kill them to turn some damn lights on??

jdel77, hobbyplayer and Jason_77 like this.
  5. Fishyfishfish

Fishyfishfish Member

There have been a few. I made myself watch Flaked just because some of the few that didn't grab my interest right off the bat turned out to be awesome. Didn't happen.
    My wife has a "if it doesn't have at least 4 Stars" policy for Net Flix.

6. spunky

spunky Member

Yes, I watched Flaked all the way through, hoping it would get better, or more interesting. Didn't happen. It was cool watching my old neighborhood though, and Heather Graham is never too tough to look at.
    Also watched The Ranch...the new series with Kutcher and Sam Elliot and Debra Winger. It had it's moments, but the canned laughter and cornball antics spoiled it for me.

morlll likes this.
  7. Phillip_H

Phillip_H Supporting Member

@jdel77 I watched both seasons of daredevil and enjoyed it for the most part, but you're right about Foggy. The combination of the writing and acting for that character is terrible. He reminds me of the Abraham and Eugene characters on the walking dead. No one talks like that.

jdel77 and JiveTurkey like this.
  8. Jrw8214

Jrw8214 Member

Love Longmire, although it started off as a show on A&E, so i wouldnt count that as a netflix series. The books are better though, and dont have the branch connelly character whom i always hated(he gets fired in the first book and you never hear from him again). Plus in the books, Henry is a badass.

9. Jrw8214

Jrw8214 Member

Its greatly exaggerated, but people do talk like that. Depends on what part of the state you are from i reckon.

10. FFTT

FFTT Member

Daredevil hasn't held my attention.

The "L" Word on the other hand has been surprisingly steamy!

11. sahhas

sahhas Member

i loved daredevil. great show.
    i'm watching jessica jones....not loving it, but watching it....

12. JiveTurkey

JiveTurkey Trumpets and Tants Silver Supporting Member

I liked Flaked mainly because I thought it gave Will Arnett a chance to act and do some non-comedy. We enjoyed it but it was definitely a low key show. Not action packed would be a huge understatement.

I thought about watching the Ranch, against my better judgement. Then I saw the trailer with the garbage laugh track and immediately removed it from the possibility pile :D

13. JiveTurkey

JiveTurkey Trumpets and Tants Silver Supporting Member

100% agree. The actor playing Foggy with that horrific Gee-Whiz attitude coupled with atrocious dialog and delivery just ruins it. Fisk with 15 minute monologues about his city EVERY. D@MN. EPISODE. got old instantly as well. He does better in the 2nd season. It has it's own share of "acting" issues as well.

A show that I expected 0 awesomeness out of that turned out to be great was Bloodline. That first episode ending was KILLER.

jdel77 likes this.
  14. Phillip_H

Phillip_H Supporting Member

Which characters are you talking about?

15. Motterpaul

Motterpaul Tone is in the Ears

I really can't find anything left on Netflix I like. I am sort of watching "the Dome" but it has devolved into nothing buck character backstabbing. That's what all these series do if you watch them long enough.

Their BIG show - House of Cards - started with a guy with terminal disease delusions and a murderer becoming President. All the best plot points disappeared and now it all about whether or not he is attracted to his manservant and enjoys being cuckolded. BORING.

Orange is the New Black - started with clever humor and touching character back stories, ends with smelly panties jokes.

Mangy71 likes this.
  16. fjblair

fjblair Silver Supporting Member

House of Cards-boring and predictable

Route234, spunky and bushitsuki like this.
  17. firebird1999us

firebird1999us Member

Jessica Jones. Love Daredevil... did NOT like Jessica Jones at all. It's like you could watch the first 2 episodes and the last and everything in between was filler:dunno

18. Jrw8214

Jrw8214 Member

I was referring to Abraham. Although i'm sure there are people who talk like Eugene too. Eugene's manner of speaking is of someone with high intelligence and low social interaction/skills.

Washburnmemphis likes this.
  19. Jrw8214

Jrw8214 Member

Jessica Jones was awesome. I loved it and cant wait for season 2.

drgonzoguitar and spunky like this.
  20. firebird1999us

firebird1999us Member

I'm ok with that! I'll submit your post for approval to upper management!:red