Neunaber Iconoclast...

minty901

Needs more info on the editor. Doesn't mention IR so it's gona have to be really good at what it does to succeed.

voss451

Needs more info on the editor. Doesn't mention IR so it's gonna have to be really good at what it does to succeed.

If it doesn't use IRs, they're going to have a hard time at that price point. There's already the AMT Pangaea that loads IRs and the AMT Chameleon Cab and ADA GCS-3 that cost about $150 US or less.

amt-electronics-cn-1-chameleon-cab-485145.jpg

ada-gcs3-400.jpg

doralin

Would this offer anything different to my torpedo CAB?

I've read the preliminary user guide and couldn't find anything really useful for this. Isn't this a h&k red box?

NHBluesMan

so it's speaker emulation only? I was hoping Neunaber would make use of their editing software and incorporate some amp-sims. Bummer :dunno

olejason

Why would you use that thing into a recording interface? You should always do cab emulation in software so you can tweak later IMO.

Gibs210

so it's speaker emulation only? I was hoping Neunaber would make use of their editing software and incorporate some amp-sims. Bummer :dunno
Yea, this seems like a big let down, I'd rather see this integrate with the ExP switch and preamps than cab sims, then you could have 4 preamps and 2 sounds for each. That would seem like a way better utility than this. Hats off to them for making it, but at $250, I'm not interested in the least. If preamps were in it, then it might be worth it.

Kennyscrown

If it doesn't use IRs, they're going to have a hard time at that price point. There's already the AMT Pangaea that loads IRs and the AMT Chameleon Cab and ADA GCS-3 that cost about $150 US or less.

ada-gcs3-400.jpg

Are either of those options stereo? Or does it not really matter not having Stereo in this application? I use a Tech 21 Liverpool BEFORE my stereo effects which works perfectly well.

minty901

Are either of those options stereo? Or does it not really matter not having Stereo in this application? I use a Tech 21 Liverpool BEFORE my stereo effects which works perfectly well.
Those options arent stereo. But yeah I cant imagine many people pining for stereo. Also people like to emulate real cabs and this doesnt do that. Now, that might be a GOOD thing... using new technology to craft new, more appropriate sounds previously not possible... but thats not what most guitarists want.

its very expensive for just a cab sim but the fact that you can tweak it to your hearts content is good because you can really craft your ideal cab sound with this, and thats not possible with any other cab sims out there, short of making your own IRs from parametric EQ software/hardware (which IS very doable in all fairness).

multivir

I already have to other Neunaber pedals, I've got only good things to say about them. I'm tempted, but...
What keeps me from preordering: The 9 minute "first impressions" video shows a bunch of guys using a pedalboard equipped with an Ethos, a bunch of other pedals and an Immerse reverb in front of the Iconoclast.
The Ethos by itself sounds already great. I own one and the built-in speaker sim is already good enough to gig & record with. If it really improves my sound, I will buy the Iconoclast right away - but the demo doesn't say much because the signal chain is already pretty processed at the point that it hits the Iconoclast.

tr0n

I already have to other Neunaber pedals, I've got only good things to say about them. I'm tempted, but...
What keeps me from preordering: The 9 minute "first impressions" video shows a bunch of guys using a pedalboard equipped with an Ethos, a bunch of other pedals and an Immerse reverb in front of the Iconoclast.
The Ethos by itself sounds already great. I own one and the built-in speaker sim is already good enough to gig & record with. If it really improves my sound, I will buy the Iconoclast right away - but the demo doesn't say much because the signal chain is already pretty processed at the point that it hits the Iconoclast.

I pointed this out in a comment on their YouTube video. They said that some of the sound clips in that video aren't using the Ethos, but I don't know which ones they are. I think all the clips sound great though, so I guess it will be fine in theory.

KnowTalent

Just SAY NO to "Creamy" Distortion
Given quality of existing product line im definitely interested in trying this but I would like to know more regarding download configurations, editing, can L/R channels be configured independently??!

Last edited:

Sir-BfG

ada-gcs3-400.jpg

I read through the manual of the software (current draft is on the website), apparently you can load IR's into the EQ editor for comparison to the custom EQ's/Configurations you create, however you can't actually load them into the Iconoclast, since the supposed goal is to create more well rounded sims rather than snapshots (IR's)... would be neat if down the road one could use either.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom