• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Neunaber Immerse MKII Volume Drop

mfc_pj

I have an MXR pedal sized free slot on my pedalboard where I want to put a reverb pedal for some big ambient reverb sounds. I tried a couple and soundwise I liked the Neunaber Immerse MKII the best but I encountered quite a bit of a volume drop when I put the pedal in the signal chain which annoys me a bit as the sound isn't the same I'm used to and like. Somebody had the same problem and found a solution?

CaptainAwesome

It definitely is a stupid username
Silver Supporting Member
I haven't experienced that. Just to confirm, is that when the pedal is engaged or off? Also, how are the trails and kill dry switches set?

sunburster

The volume decreases on these (MKII at least, I never used the original Immerse) as you turn up the mix knob. It's just a feature of the pedal. I have gotten used to it. The thing sounds so good, I'm willing to deal with this instead of take the pedal off my board.

There's not much of a decrease (if any) when the mix knob is at 12 to 1 o'clock (or further to the left), but if you keep turning it to the right you'll start to hear it gradually.

dawgs2323

Silver Supporting Member
I had the same volume drop in the loop of a HX Stomp. My two other verbs were fine....

dB

Silver Supporting Member
I never turn mine off, but I'd be surprised if there was a drop. I'll check it tonight.

mfc_pj

The volume is lower as soon as the pedal is in the chain, no matter it's on or off or how the switches are set.

CaptainAwesome

It definitely is a stupid username
Silver Supporting Member
The volume is lower as soon as the pedal is in the chain, no matter it's on or off or how the switches are set.
That doesn't sound right. Did you double-check that one of the patch cables isn't the culprit?

Also, to the point above regarding mix above 12 o'clock...I'm not getting that issue either. Admittedly not a perfect test, using a dB meter on my iPhone, I tested 3 or 4 algos at 11 o'clock and at maximum mix. In all three cases the dB readings fluctuated consistent with each other and with the effect off.

bulbasaur_85

Yeah there’s a dry signal drop off when you increase the mix knob. I couldn’t get along with how the volume dropped so sad....it was an awesome sounding verb

Trending Topics