• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Neunaber pedals - how do you control the effect send level via an expression pedal?

topo morto

It's mentioned here that with the neunaber pedals you can rig up an expression pedal to control the send (NOT mix) level...

How's it done? I'm struggling to tell from the documentation.

cbm

Gold Supporting Member
The Mix control just works as a Send, over much of its range. This is the standard behavior for the mix knob:
Steep End Drop—The dry signal is constant(not attenuated) until 50% Mix then gradually lowers until about 3 o'clock, where the dry signal starts to drop off more steeply. At 100% Mix, the dry signal is muted. For reverb or echo, this results in a perceptually constant level along with the ability to roll over to 100% wet signal at the end of the Mix range.​
I usually have the mix control on my pedal set to 2:00-3:00, and use an expression pedal to adjust the mix.

Stratogatto

If the Mix control is placed before the effect block could be enough to let the trail spread in the air while lowering the MIX via espression pedal.
Please let me ask you a couple of things:

1) starting with the MIX half way what happens if you hit a note then you lower the mix to 0 while the repeats are still sounding?

2) Using the pedal as MIX control totally override the on board MIX knob OR it can be used in some way to limit the pedal range?

Thanks for your help.

Blix

Wannabe Shredder
Silver Supporting Member
Send Brian Neunaber an email, he'll take care of your questions.

And don't forget to post the results here. :)

topo morto

The Mix control just works as a Send, over much of its range. This is the standard behavior for the mix knob:
Steep End Drop—The dry signal is constant(not attenuated) until 50% Mix then gradually lowers until about 3 o'clock, where the dry signal starts to drop off more steeply. At 100% Mix, the dry signal is muted. For reverb or echo, this results in a perceptually constant level along with the ability to roll over to 100% wet signal at the end of the Mix range.​
I usually have the mix control on my pedal set to 2:00-3:00, and use an expression pedal to adjust the mix.
Aha, OK. That makes sense. So it sounds like the one thing you can't do is have variable send-like expression AND have the mix 100% wet? (Seems that the space echo may be the only one able to do that trick...)

cbm

Gold Supporting Member
Aha, OK. That makes sense. So it sounds like the one thing you can't do is have variable send-like expression AND have the mix 100% wet? (Seems that the space echo may be the only one able to do that trick...)
So conceptually like a volume pedal in front of a 100% wet reverb? No, it can't do that. What it can do is really useful, though, IMO.

topo morto

So conceptually like a volume pedal in front of a 100% wet reverb? No, it can't do that. What it can do is really useful, though, IMO.
Yep that would be a way to get that result. And I agree it seems a well-thought-out set of options.

Trending Topics