Neunaber: please combine the Slate and Exp already...

LordByron

The Dude abides!
I haven't bought pedals in awhile and was shocked to find there wasn't a singular housing with a Slate/Exp.

All it needs is a single chassis with all the innards. Come on already...
So don't get the EXP. If you don't want the presets and multiple effects at once. You can just load up the Slate with the effect you need and go. Or you can get the Immerse, which is basically Neunaber's greater hits. :dunno

62Tele

Silver Supporting Member
I'm all for a single enclosure. The Immerse is nice, but I can't imagine using the small knobs on a dark stage.

ryandfl

Silver Supporting Member
As someone that's had a Stereo pedal and an EXP, you're better off with an Immerse. The EXP isn't 100% perfect, it loses knob positions with some effects, happens all the time with the Tremolo.

I would be all over the Immerse if it weren't for the less crazy Mix levels. That's the word at least. I already have the mix pretty high on my Wet.

On the other hand the 100% wet switch is nice.

td2243

So don't get the EXP. If you don't want the presets and multiple effects at once. You can just load up the Slate with the effect you need and go. Or you can get the Immerse, which is basically Neunaber's greater hits. :dunno

Why would I want a pedal with Slate/EXP if I didn't want the EXP? Of course I want presets and multiple effects. I'm not sure how wanting this in one enclosure equated you thinking the Immerse would solve that. hmm.... :dunno:dunno:dunno

LordByron

The Dude abides!
Why would I want a pedal with Slate/EXP if I didn't want the EXP? Of course I want presets and multiple effects. I'm not sure how wanting this in one enclosure equated you thinking the Immerse would solve that. hmm.... :dunno:dunno:dunno
I guess I didn't understand your OP. I took the "all I need..." part as saying you didn't really need the EXP. Didn't make much sense. I get it now that you want the features of the EXP integrated into a single pedal with the Slate. Makes MUCH more sense.

minty901

I would be all over the Immerse if it weren't for the less crazy Mix levels. That's the word at least. I already have the mix pretty high on my Wet.

On the other hand the 100% wet switch is nice.
What algorithm are you using on your Wet? The stock Wet algorithm has good mix level, but all the newer algorithms, which you can load on your Wet, have lower mix levels, and are the same on the Immerse as on the Wet. If you're using a newer algorithm on the Wet and are happy with the mix level, then the Immerse will perform just as well for you, as they are for all intents and purposes the same thing. The only difference is that the Wet has access to the stock algorithm with the greater mix, whereas the Immerse doesn't have access to that stock algorithm. But for the like-for-like algorithms, the mix and overall sound should be identical.

dickjonesify

i know a company that does rehousing...:hide2
Actually, according to how that ended, They don't anymore.

Has anyone actually rehoused one yet?

I haven't seen one but it would take a little work. Both units are all PCB mounted jacks. I don't think a rehouse would solve anything at all. It would just be...bigger haha.

My only issue is that is loses settings every once in a while. I wish there were a hard save option. Other than that, them being separated is a bonus.

ryandfl

Silver Supporting Member
What algorithm are you using on your Wet? The stock Wet algorithm has good mix level, but all the newer algorithms, which you can load on your Wet, have lower mix levels, and are the same on the Immerse as on the Wet. If you're using a newer algorithm on the Wet and are happy with the mix level, then the Immerse will perform just as well for you, as they are for all intents and purposes the same thing. The only difference is that the Wet has access to the stock algorithm with the greater mix, whereas the Immerse doesn't have access to that stock algorithm. But for the like-for-like algorithms, the mix and overall sound should be identical.

I have the original stereo Wet. So...maybe there will a new heavier mix option for the Immerse added down the road. I would probably get it then.

coltonius

Señor Member
Silver Supporting Member
Actually, according to how that ended, They don't anymore.
Well look at that.. The recase option has indeed been removed from their website! I guess I need to dig up that thread and catch myself up, but it sounds like somebody got upset, picked up their toys, and left the playground.

mattlee0037

Taken from their FAQ:
Can you build a 2-in-1 (or 3-in-1) pedal?
We could, but we won't. Here's why:

1. Building 2 pedals into 1 enclosure is not much less expensive.
  2. Building 2 pedals into 1 enclosure is not much smaller.
  3. Building 2 pedals into 1 enclosure only cannibalizes sales from our other pedals, therefore making all our pedals more expensive to build (re: economies of scale, then see point #1).
  4. Designing 2-in-1 pedals takes time away from developing new products. Here, "new" means different. Yes, there is more to it than slapping 2 PC boards into a bigger enclosure—a lot more.

td2243

Taken from their FAQ:
Can you build a 2-in-1 (or 3-in-1) pedal?
We could, but we won't.

Well that sucks. I guess I won't be spending money with neunaber anytime soon. This would literally take them a day or two to design the casing.

It's kind of sad that they don't "get" it. Players do appreciate slightly smaller and slightly less expensive. The space saved could leave room for another mini pedal on a board. Simple as that. Every inch makes a difference. And.... Not only does it NOT cannibalize other sales, it is actually preventing sales from some people.

Oh well, life goes on. There are other companies to choose from.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom